- United States of America
- February 3, 2017
I have ambitions to earn a PHD in public health. I adore my job. I love to educate and I truly admire the peri-operative workers who facilitate millions of successful surgeries every day.
I have been in sterile processing for a short 12 years. I have spent the last 7 as an educator. I started with a small staff of 12 in outpatient surgery with 67 cases a day and moved up to 120 FTE's at four community hospitals and a surgery center at 200 cases a day. I enjoy the dexterity this life requires. I am enjoy calling on physical training skills just as much as my abilities to navigate resources and create pivot charts. I can multitask and communicate effectively about all the assignments I am committed to.
I was trained in a large 36 suite university hospital. I have worked at two separate health systems and understand the unique demands this presents. Large operations with many skills set require numerous hours of training and sound full up. I have worked hard at developing my interpersonal relationships. I respect the entire operating room staff and enjoy educating and mentoring my staff in their roles in surgery.
Ms. Uhura Rae Garcia
2807 Carrick court Powder Springs, GA 30127
Passionate CRCST Educator & Trainer seeking an opportunity to contribute ingenuity, foster growth & gain knowledgeability as a devoted member of an excellent healthcare facility.
Education & Skills
General Sciences, A.S. Monroe Community College 2014
Certified Registered Central Service Technician IAHCSMM 2013
Certified Job Instruction Trainer Lean Team 2014
Certified Autism Trained Monroe Community College 2013
National IAHCSMM Conference Speaker San Antonio, TX April 2016
Volunteer Para Teacher and tutor
Unit Council member, Social Committee Member
SPD & ORC Quality Assurance Educator 12/2014 – current
LeeSar Regional Health Service (Lee Memorial Health System) Fort Myers, FL
- Responsible for research & develop Benchmarking for Offsite Reprocessing Centers.
- Developed & implemented new OR shadowing, on-boarding, and Orientation & Training programs to include: Initial on-boarding, SPD service line Orientation, New hires Reunions, Legacy Reunions, training criteria, and time table documentation
- Organized & maintained a new system to record and track progress during training using Lean principles and best practice combined for 120 employees and 4,000 beds from an ortho trauma hospital, two medical centers, 1 community hospital and 1 surgery center
- Developed and delivered the very first ever CRCST class to achieve a 90% certified technician rate.
- Restored use of Best Practices in quality for the SPD departments using: Level loading of staff, job instruction, transparent communication, electronic tracking system, auditing & continuing education, and real time corrective actions to reduce defects by 50% in 10 months
Central Service Educator & Trainer 2010-2014
University of Rochester Medical Center @ SAWGRASS Rochester, NY
- Authority to develop and convey CS training procedures encompassing ethical practices with strict adherence to TJC, AAMI ,AORN, CDC, OSHA, EPA, FDA, and local and hospital regulations
- Provide exceptional hands on training in Decontamination, Prep & Pack, Sterile Supply, Case picking, Customer Service/problem resolution, Clinics, Implants, Endoscope Reprocessing, & Davinici
- In charge of researching and providing in-service topics that refresh tried processor techniques and create growth geared toward developing and revamping central service policy with access to advancements
- Enhance the training process for non CS personnel by providing week long tours, tutorials & training sessions designed to give introductions to all the areas of sterile supply and endoscopy reprocessing.
Materials Processing Specialist 2006-2010
URMC Strong Memorial Hospital Rochester, NY
- Deliver comprehensive and accurate performance in case picking, specialty instruments, pan organization, sterilization, and decontamination for level one trauma center with 36 operating rooms, 14 same day surgical suites, radiology, emergency department, cancer center and 23 Auxiliary support units