Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Category: Technicians/Patient Care Support
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 150568
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2023
Facility: UCHealth Eye Center (Aurora, CO)
Department: Eye Center
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Come join a rapidly growing health system as an Ophthalmic Assistant. No ophthalmology experience required. As an academic medical center, we can provide on-the-job training through UCHealth's Sue Anschutz-Rodgers Ophthalmic Assistant Academy. Why spend up to $35,000 on a trade school when you can learn (while on the job) from our highly skilled Senior Ophthalmic Technicians and our world-class ophthalmologists. Our specialists have developed national and international reputations for excellence in routine and complex ophthalmic care. Also, our state-of-the-art facility is one of the largest eye centers in the country and serves not only patients in the Rocky Mountain region but also patients all over the world. Don't just start a new job, consider a new career in ophthalmology by joining our team at UCHealth Sue Anschutz-Rodgers Eye Center.
Assists eye care providers in the care of patients and flow of clinical activities. Ensures proper care and usage of medical instruments.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
- Under the direct supervision of eye care provider, assists with performing patient care.
- Performs basic optometric testing procedures, diagnostic testing, administration of medications and tasks delegated by the eye care provider.
- Assists with minor procedures and prescription refill process under the direction of eye care provider.
- Performs documentation, patient education and enters charges. Assists with the flow of patient care.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum Required Education: High School diploma or GED. Ophthalmic Medical Assisting Independent Study Course or JCAHPO Career Advancement Tool (JCAT) within two years of hire.
- Required Licensure/Certification: Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (OSC) within 30 days of hire or Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) certification. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
- Minimum Experience: None required.
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit https://www.uchealth.org/professionals/residencies/ to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
The pay range for this position is: $20.87 - $27.13 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
We can’t make extraordinary possible without you.
Join us today.
At UCHealth, we’re looking for those who are talented, inspired and up for a challenge—those who don’t shy away from big emotional investments and daily opportunities to improve lives.
Our individual facilities propel us forward to improve and optimize health care, with locations across Colorado, including:
Take the first step today by joining our talent community.
From health care to health.