Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provide care to patients as directed by provider, including preparing patients for examinations, assisting providers with procedures and performing various tests and perform a variety of administrative duties as required. The Clinical Assistant will actively participate as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
1) High School diploma or equivalent required.
2) Training in providing health care services e.g. military medical training, nursing assistant, medical emergency medical technician or paramedic preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
1) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
2) Valid US Driver's license.
1) One year of experience in direct patient care is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Knowledge of medical practice and patient care, medical equipment and instruments and examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
2) Knowledge of physician office procedures and medical terminology.
3) Basic knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines.
4) Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
5) Ability to assist in performing a variety of treatments and procedures, taking vital signs and recording and maintaining test results.
6) Ability to record data accurately using a computer.
7) Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.