Cardiac Device Specialist - Georgia Heart Institute - Full Time
8 Hr Morning - Afternoon
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Responsible for performing interrogations, interpretations and programming of pacemakers, implantable Cardiovert Defibrillators (ICD) and implantable loop recorders. Responsible for entering patient data and providing reports for the EP Physicians and the patient medical record. Participates in clinical research as job requires.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensure or other certifications: Licensed Registered Nurse or Cardiovascular Technologist and BLS Certification Required. BLS Certification.
- Educational Requirements: Associates Degree. A certificate of completion from an approved Cardiac Device Technical School (Arrhythmia Technical Institute or Prep Med) that provides a formal curriculum of education and training in cardiac pacing, defibrillation, cardiac resynchronization therapy and electrophysiology. A minimum of two (2) years on the job training and demonstrated proficiency in Cardiac Device Management may be substituted for the formal education training program.
- Minimum Experience:
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications: Certified cardiac device specialist (CCDS) certification by International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE).
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience: Certified cardiac device specialist (CCDS) certification by International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE).
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Specific knowledge of cardiac devices including pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Complex arrhythmia recognition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides evaluation and device management to patients under the supervision of an EP Physician, including remote monitoring, interrogations of pacemakers and implantable device, re-programming and patient education.
- Coordinates activities of the Device Clinic with other operational areas including Nursing, Billing, and Accounting.
- Ensures Device equipment is properly maintained, updated, and operating to manufacturer's specifications. Ensures supplies are maintained at appropriate levels. Reports concerns or needs to the Device Clinic Coordinator.
- Assess wounds post device implant to ensure that the incision is healing appropriately. (RN only task).
- Evaluates service quality and participate in care coordination to ensure proper communication between caregivers, patients, referral sources and payers. Discuss operational issues and reviews records/documentation to ensure regulatory and in-house compliance.
- Assists with Device Clinic research as needed.
- Serves as a preceptor to all new staff level personnel.
- Participates in the orientation and training of staff.
- Participate in performance improvement activities, maintain ongoing clinical knowledge through internal/external training programs, provide interpretation of knowledge and direction to clinical staff.
- Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Vision: Moderate, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Occasionally 0-30%
- Standing/Walking: Occasionally 0-30%
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
- Intensity of Work: Frequently 31-65%
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding, Driving
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.