14 Roosevelt Ct Stoughton Ma.email@example.com
SUMMARY More than 10 year’s hands-on experience in healthcare administration and HR management. Successfully managed healthcare and hospital support services departments including Patient Access, Admitting, Scheduling, Call Center and Outpatient Services. I also have experience in Medical Records Supervision.
EDUCATION Brockton School of Nursing, Brockton, MA
Patient Care Certificate Program/ Nursing 101,Medical Terminology, Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, and Psychology, Speech, English
SOFTWARE EPIC,Meditech, IDX, Cerner, Sorian, SMS (Siemens) Power Point, Passport, Nehen,Kronos,ADAP MS Office
CERTIFICATIONS EPIC Super User(SME), Six Sigma, Greenbelt (training, currently in progress)
Oct 2015-Present Dothouse Health Center, Dorchester, Ma
Manager of Patient Access
- Coordinates with clinical team to ensure accurate and timely appointment scheduling and patient flow
- Allocate resources within department to ensure patient flow and communication
- Ensure all patients have access to insurance enrollment and program information necessary to cover provided services as stipulated in our Mission
- Confirm third party coverage through payer verification, authorization and referrals.
- Ensure all patient information is accurately entered in the Practice Management Service
- Audit and ensure all required patient payments are received and accurately posted in the Practice Management System within a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy of daily balancing of cash drawers and deposits
- Monitor and report department cash flow
- Establish and maintain key performance measurements within the department.
- Perform periodic audits to ensure quality and accuracy
- FQHC Billing and Program Methodology, Medicare Guidelines, Medicaid Guidelines and HIPAA
- Monitor inventory and ordering of office supplies, medical supplies, and equipment.
- Interact with customers, review customer feedback, and address customer service issues.
- Develop and implement programs to monitor and improve customer satisfaction.
- Train administrative clinic team to carry out assigned duties.
- HR duties such as FMLA,LOA and benefit review
- Identify community marketing opportunities and engage staff in grassroots marketing.
- Attend community marketing events in accordance with marketing department requirements.
March 2012 to Lifespan, RI Hospital & Hasbro Children’s Hospital, Providence, RI
Oct 2015 Manager of Patient Access
- Interprets and implements department philosophy, policy and practice for AMC and affiliate-specific patient access/HIS services policies, procedures and standards. Implements and evaluates programs and services to consistently meet or exceed customer’s needs, through effective continuous quality improvement practices. Maintains compliance with regulatory and accreditation standard for related record-keeping systems. Provides for systems to assess patient, family and community needs for services and programs.
- Serves as a role model to staff by demonstrating values and principles, creating and maintaining effective positive customer service relationships by identifying customers and their needs, ensuring the needs are met or exceeded and responding appropriately to difficult interactions and educating the staff on the importance of quality customer service.
- Effectively and continually communicates with the staff, management and customers to facilitate the flow of information necessary to the success of employee relations to promote employee-manger effectiveness and satisfaction in the workplace. Ensures compliance with collective bargaining in agreements and human resources policies. Creates employee ownership for their careers and success and providing staff with positive and actionable feedback to maximize the utilization and potential of the organizations’ human resources.
March 2010 to Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital, Brockton, MA
March 2012 Patient Access Supervisor - 03/2010 – 9/2010
Interim Director 9/2010 – 03/2012
Executes and plans for the daily operations of patient access.
Works closely with the Director of Patient Access to create policies and processes based on industry standards to ensure accurate and efficient Patient Access Functions.
Works closely with Director of Patient Access on processes to minimize denials and maximize reimbursement.
Executes daily POS collections, processes and procedures throughout all of Patient Access.
Documents appropriately regarding all account and employee issues.
Has cross reporting functions with Team Leaders of Patient Access which include: Insurance Verification, Central Scheduling and Financial Counseling. All of the above report with Registration and Admitting to both the Director and me.
Assisted in the development of departmental standardization that meets the highest quality and productivity standards.
Very active on many organizational interdisciplinary teams such as, IT interface and upgrade groups, Red Flag Initiative, Revenue Cycle, Patient Satisfaction, and Employee Activities.
Assists in preparing presentations and communicating analysis results to Leadership.
Serve as a role model to staff by being hospitable, working with staff to form a cohesive team environment and disciplines as necessary.
Facilitates team meetings with respect to brainstorming, issue identification and resolution. I do not allow finger pointing and placing blame. I want to get to the issue and find a solution.
Considered a subject matter expert in all Patient Access functions.
Cover the department Director in all matters in her absence and at her direction.
Coordinate, implement and supervise the development of strategies that support high quality customer service and new product deployment. Recommends changes in job functions to support the department's mission.Sets challenging goals, delegates and coordinates effectively motivating staff to achieve department results. Understands and manages the HR dynamics that contribute to good working relationships among people.
January 2007 to Caritas Good Samaritan Hospital, Brockton, MA
March 2010 Supervisor of Patient Access
Executes daily operations of patient access and support teams.
Maintained POS collections deliverables as outlined by Department Leadership. 90 Day increments.
Held daily shift huddles with Patient Access staff to identify opportunities, goals and strategies for the day for real time outcomes.
Monitored accounts for prior balances and current co-insurance/co-pays/deductibles and trained the staff on collection strategies by scripting and role playing.
Represented Patient Access for Revenue Cycle/Finance as it interrelates to Patient Access.
Maintained an 85-90 % collection rate
2005 to Barix Clinics of Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ
2007 Patient Registration/Medical Records Supervisor
2003 to Landmark Medical Center, Woonsocket, RI
2004 Patient Registration Supervisor
2002 to Sturdy Memorial Hospital, Attleboro, MA
2003 Patient Registration Supervisor