Location Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0021996
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The X-Ray Technician is a trained medical professional performing radiological duties in compliance with regulatory and departmental requirements. The duties of the X-ray Technician vary from setting to setting, depending on the size, location and type. The X-ray Technician will perform radiographic exams, ordered by the physician, that are technically satisfactory, properly positioned and processed adequately. All exams must be performed using the ALARA principle to minimize radiation dose to the patient.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions patient under X-ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection; adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure
- Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians including procedures, EKG's, phlebotomy and injections.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered; maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-rays as required for referrals and/or copying; keeps logs for x-rays sent out for referrals. Keeps an updated log that consolidates X-rays performed against reports received.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, practices OSHA safety standards, performs accurate, legal and ethical documentation at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral written and communication skills and empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel as it may be assigned to cover multiple centers.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Graduate from an accredited program for Radiological Technology or Basic X-Ray Machine Operator required; Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Two (2) years X-ray Technologist experience in a corresponding setting is preferred. EMR system experience is preferred.
- Licensed and/or certified if required by state regulations. CPR for Healthcare providers required.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director