With us, you're more than the job you do
Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Rotating (United States of America)This position is 4 ten-hour shifts Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Job Summary: Under direction, the Clinical Supervisor directs the performance of IR/INR and is responsible for the efficiency, productivity and quality of work performed by assigned technical and ancillary staff during own assigned shift. Works in collaboration with multiple staff (Technologist, Radiologists, Nursing, etc.) to optimize patient flow and influence patient and staff satisfaction.
- Prepares and maintains Radiology modality Staffing Schedule including vacations and on-call, approves time off requests according to modality's policy and procedure guidelines, distributes schedules and posts on web. Coordinates coverage in case of unplanned absences, including call.
- Oversees all aspects of the modality's staffing and day-to-day workflow ensuring adherence to radiology and modality Policies and Procedures. Is responsible for monitoring training of all new personnel. Works in collaboration with staff to optimize patient flow and influence patient satisfaction. Initiates changes of resources to match workloads as effectively as possible.
- Reports problems within the site of service of the department to the Clinical Manager/Director and Radiologist(s) on service. Recognizes potential problems arising in any of the sites of the department involving technical and/or personnel issues, and brings to the attention of the Clinical Manager/Director as soon as possible.
- Oversees system maintenance including arranging service time on all modality equipment, ensures documentation of system downtime according to divisional policies.
- Possesses intricate knowledge of RIS. Is capable of running management reports, editing schedules, editing tech entries, verifying accuracy of billing, booking exams, and reviewing exams at each site.
- Prepares weekly payroll ensuring accuracy of hours. Provides constructive criticism to technical staff to help develop skills. Serves as mentor and staff resource. Influences and motivates behaviors to achieve desired outcomes. Leads by example.
- Interviews and recommends hiring, promotion, termination or disciplinary action for related staff, in collaboration with Technical Manager, develops annual performance evaluations and competencies. Conducts staff clinical competency assessments.
- Acts as a resource on behalf of the division in case of outside inspection.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Associate's degree in Radiology or graduation from a JRCERT-accredited program required.
- License American Registry of Rad Tech required., or Registration Nuclear Med Tech Certification required., or Certificate 1 MARadTech-Radiography required., and Certificate 2 Basic Life Support required., or RDMS (Reg Diagnostic Med Sonographer)
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification with the American Heart Association.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.FLSA Status:
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Sign up for our job alerts.
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings. Select a job category and/or location from the list of options, then click “Add” to create your job alert.
Email addressJob Category
- Diagnostic Imaging, Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesRemove
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
© 2022 Beth Israel Lahey Health. All rights reserved.