Virtual Monitor Tech-Medical Observer - VMU - System PRN
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Provides one to one observation for patients who have expressed or demonstrated suicidal/homicidal ideations or other psychiatric illness, patients at risk for child abuse, drug abuse, confusion or behavior problems. No direct care activities are carried out in this role.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensure or other certifications:
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience:
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience: One (1) year of experience in a health care facility as a Sitter, Clinical Tech, or Unit Assistant.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills required
- Successful completion of the required training for Medical Observers at NGHS prior to beginning the role is required
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Observations and reporting. Observes and reports any suicidal/homicidal gestures/threats or changes in behavior to the licensed staff caring for the patient immediately. Remains within constant eye contact of the patient at all times. Remains alert, adaptable and able to exercise good judgment. Observes and reports any observed changes in patient's status.
- Safety. Keeps the environment free of harmful items such as glass, knives, belts, etc. Never leaves the patient alone--even in the bathroom. Never allows family members or friends to bring in items from outside (including food) for patients without going through the nursing staff for patients.
- Professional communication/demeanor. Remains professionally detached--Does not talk about oneself, one's thoughts or one's feelings when on assignment. Does not offer advice or counseling. Notifies nursing staff immediately at any time assistance is needed for the care of the patient.
- Documentation. Maintains the required documentation/flow sheet that pertains to the patient's condition and reason for the observation.
- Weight Lifted: Up to 20 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Vision: Heavy, Constantly 66-100% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Occasionally 0-30%
- Standing/Walking: Occasionally 0-30%
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
- Intensity of Work: Frequently 31-65%
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Fingering
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.