State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Vended Systems Senior Technical Support Specialist
Req ID: 48198BR
Job Summary: The Senior Technical Support Specialist in the Vended Systems department provides leadership and expertise for technical support and related technology services to provide a secure and responsive information environment that ensures the availability of clinical and business information for the medical center.
- Provides application/technology solution support during routine business hours (Monday through Friday) and maintains on-call availability during off hours. Works collaboratively with other IS resources to periodically review, maintain and validate technical support requirements, data storage requirements and downtime procedures. Develop and maintain support documentation.
- Maintain accountability for system health and the performance, availability, security, and integrity of the application and data; makes recommendations in order to improve application's functionality or performance and periodically generates reports based on analysis/interpretation of monitoring activities.
- Work directly with the Vendor and with IS resources to participate in and assist with planning and managing new application or technology deployments and in performing product/version upgrades, applying fixes/patches, or making vendor-recommended changes or modifications to the application.
- Ensures reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards are in place to protect and maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the data and to meet HIPAA ePHI requirements
- Proactively anticipates and plans for technical support needs (e.g., upgrades). Actively participates in product selections. Demonstrates expert knowledge and judgement in escalation of issues to all levels of the hospital and vendor organizations. May serve as point of contact for business owner, vendors, and IS Core and Project Teams for supported systems.
- Vocational or Technical training required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment (academic medical center preferred).
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting skills and communication skills; ability to handle pressure and use good judgment when escalating issues.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Technical experience working in a healthcare environment supporting departmental and/or enterprise-level applications throughout the project lifecycle .Understanding of biomedical equipment and device integration with clinical applications. Experience with infrastructure technologies including virtualization, cloud services, Citrix, Linux, and Microsoft.
- Experience supporting PACS and installing imaging systems in either a clinical and/or IT capacity. Familiar with DICOM technology standards and nuances. Familiar with imaging devices, clinical workflows and their requirements of PACS.
- Familiarity with standard project management concepts, methodologies and project management, collaboration and other management tools such as Jira, Confluence, G Suite and ServiceNow a plus. Familiarity with HL7 interfaces. Familiarity with applications, application platforms, databases, database platforms, and data security.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply