Utility Worker - Rotating Weekends - FT - 10:00am - 8:30pm
Food Services & Dietetics
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Utility staff is responsible for the upkeep and the sanitation of all kitchen areas, kitchen equipment, and dining room dishes. The utility worker will also assist in the running of the food during meal service, along with dining room organization. During off peak hours, the Utility/Server will assist with other kitchen related tasks.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensure or other certifications:
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience:
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience: One (1) year related experience and/or training in sanitation
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Moves and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies, and equipment throughout the facility
- Responsible for upkeep and sanitation of kitchen and dining room
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintains a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Cleaning of dining room and kitchen dishes.
- Sanitation duties of recycling, boxes, trash, sweeping, and mopping.
- Assist with stocking of food, food Rotation-FIFO.
- Consistently practices key sanitation procedures and policies, especially hand washing, proper food storage, and maintaining appropriate temperature of foods.
- Follow Federal and State long term care regulations and Dietary Department policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes utensils and food preparation areas after use according to policy and follows all cleaning schedules and perform cleaning duties as scheduled.
- Practices safety, infection control, and emergency procedures according to facility policies.
- Assist in the receiving and storing food and supplies as needed.
- Is courteous, considerate, and cooperative when communicating with all guests, team members, clinical support personnel, and client personnel.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Performs job correctly and safely and observes rules of conduct, dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Actively practices principles learned, including, but not limited to, the following topics: universal precautions, fire and disaster, safety, MSDS, CQI, etc.
- Consistently uses proper safety equipment and follows rules of conduct safety. Knows where MSDS information is located.
- Demonstrates high standards of personal hygiene according to departmental policy, including but not limited to: using proper hand washing technique, observing hospital "no smoking" policy, wearing hairnet or hat in food production area, maintaining neat appearance.
- 24 Paid days off in 1st year!
- $8.00 meal allowance for each day worked!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, and much more!
*Sign-On Bonus available**
Increased pay rates
- Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Vision: Moderate, Constantly 66-100% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
- Standing/Walking: Constantly 66-100%
- Pushing/Pulling: Frequently 31-65%
- Intensity of Work: Constantly 66-100%
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Fingering
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.