Travel Nurse - Nights - NICU
Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Category: Nursing Professional
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 113926
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2023
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job- It's a passion.
WAGE INCREASE! $60.00/hour! + travel package/stipend.
RN Traveler – UCHlth Resource Office – Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion
55 bed Level III Neonatal ICU
Shift - Nights
13 week assignments available now – extensions options
- CO RN license or eNLC privileges
- BSN preferred
- 1 year experience preferred
- BLS, NRP
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
- Provides complex neonatal care in a 55-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Attends high-risk deliveries for infants as early as 22 weeks gestation
- Prioritizes patient care amongst multiple acutely / critically ill patients from admission through discharge
- Cares for neonates on room air, low flow nasal cannula, high flow nasal cannula, Infant Flow Driver CPAP, Bubble CPAP, SiPAP, standard ventilators, and High frequency ventilators.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient caregivers and provides education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
- Partners with the unit’s Clinical Nurse Educator to precept student nurses and new hires as needed
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
As a UCHealth RN Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains. To be considered as a UCHealth Traveler you must NOT be a current employee. Our UCHealth RN Travelers also reap the rewards and benefits of travel nursing.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Clinical Educator Nursing-Surgical Specialties Unit
Aurora, CO, United States
Research Nurse Scientist RN
Aurora, CO, United States
RN Acute Care-Med Surg
Aurora, CO, United States
We can’t make extraordinary possible without you.
Join us today.
At UCHealth, we’re looking for those who are talented, inspired and up for a challenge—those who don’t shy away from big emotional investments and daily opportunities to improve lives.
Our individual facilities propel us forward to improve and optimize health care, with locations across Colorado, including:
Take the first step today by joining our talent community.
- Metro Denver
- Northern Colorado
- Southern Colorado
From health care to health.