Telemetry Technician – Heart & Vascular – Contingent Part-time Day/Night w/rotating weekends
Category: Allied Health
Facility: Luminis Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 17, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
Contributes to the provision of high quality, cost-effective health care as an integral member of the patient focused care team. Responsible for monitoring patient cardiac rhythms via telemetry monitoring system;
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Observes and documents cardiac rhythms in all patients; differentiates irregular rhythms from regular rhythms, and premature beats from escape beats.
- Notifies RN of rate and rhythmic changes following established criteria and guidelines.
- Documents rhythm strips every 8 hours, or whenever rhythm changes occur. Calculates heart rate, measures cardiac cycle intervals (PR, QRS, QT), and interprets rhythm.
- Identifies correct functioning of pacemakers and notifies RN whenever malfunctions occur, following established guidelines.
- Maintains telemetry equipment and supplies. Changes telemetry batteries and telemetry pouches as needed.
- Must successfully complete cardiac rhythm interpretation exam.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Providers BLS
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)