COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Telecommunication Attnd - Lead
share this job
Telecommunication Attnd – Lead
Job ID: 100273
Area of Interest: Clerical
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: 2:30p-11p including e/o wknd and holidays (Easton)
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Part Time
What You Will Do:
Receives and directs incoming telephone calls throughout the hospital. Monitors and takes action on emergency alarms. In base station for two-way radio paging; controls silent paging system assists in training/orienting Telecommunications Services Staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Assists in training/orienting Telecommunications Services Staff.
2. Answers incoming telephone calls on telephone console; directs calls to requested or appropriate extensions.
3. Monitors emergency, fire, panic, 3-minute, and trouble alarms; takes immediate action according to policies; texts emergency alarms daily.
4. Controls silent paging system; monitory traffic, relays messages through beeper system.
5. Maintains on-call lists; displays on the computer.
6. Maintains the inventory of beepers; assigns loaners; assigns numbers to beepers; arrange repairs.
7. Initiates and control backup telephone systems during power failures.
8. Connects/disconnects patient telephone service, as requested.
9. Provides information to visitors in the absence of Information Desk staff.
10. Works with the Call Accountability System, as necessary.
11. Connects users to the Audix (Voice Mail) system.
12. Oversees work in the System 75 computer relating to the System 75 Telephone System.
13. Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the CARE Manual.
14. Responds to the following Shore Health system codes: Code Red (if called), Code Pink (if called), and code D (if called).
15. Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
16. Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information that is necessary to perform the function of the job.
17. Performs related duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum of three years of hospital-related communications/switchboard experience. Demonstrated excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, everybody. It's Jess Fluharty, the director of Emergency Services here for Shore Regional Health. And what brings me joy in my role is the fact that I get to help the people that are helping the people. It's really important that you include the team members who are working with the patients in the decisions, and that they have influence in how they care for the patients in their department. And that is one of the things that brings me the most joy in my department, is making sure that the people who care for the people are taken care of.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW