Team Leader RN – Surgical Services- FT- Days
Category: Nursing (RN/NP/CNM)
Facility: Doctors Community Medical Center
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: April 26, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
Contributes to the provision of high quality, cost-effective patient care and collaboration with other health care team members, with emphasis on designated service lines. Serves as a resource to revenue capture coordinator and surgical services business manager. Oversees the organization and availability of resources necessary for procedures and utilization of appropriate supplies as it relates to specialties.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Coordinate patients, equipment and staffing in through effective planning and communication with the Charge Nurse and the CSP Staff for efficient case flow and meeting targets for first case starts and turnover times.
- Develop and motivate circulating and scrub personnel to ensure well rounded skilled teams.
- Work and assume leadership responsibilities with Department Manager, Clinical Specialist and Clinical Educator regarding best clinical practice concepts for service in conjunction with standards.
- Assess educational needs of team and department and coordinate in-services with vendors and physicians to address deficiencies.
- Work closely with Supply and Billing Coordinators to assure adequate supplies, instrumentation, equipment as well as new procedure planning with both physicians and vendors are accurately tracked and charged accordingly while maintaining satisfactory par levels.
- Support Clinical Directors along with Materials Management, Central Sterile Supply with Capital and Operational Budgets requests and utilization.
- Manage and update a most accurate Preference Card system reflective of standardization while incorporating actual case needs.
- Utilization of the Preference Card for portrayal of the surgical case to improve accurate charges and improved inventory management tool for supplies and instrumentation.
- Utilization of staff to better delegate Departmental team work improving case turnover and on time starts. Contribute to successful scheduling of Surgical Cases working with the Scheduling Office and the MSM computer system.
- Participate in Team member's performance evaluation.
- Degree in Nursing with current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- At least one year of operating room experience required.
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS
- CNOR certification preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)