System Director of Behavioral Health
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
Serves as the senior administrative leader responsible for supervision and oversight of behavioral health care delivery at all CMH sites of service. Assure collaborative operations between internal team members and external partnerships to create a functional patient care continuum for those patients with behavioral health needs. Direct, coordinate, and advise creation and implementation of additional patient pathways, either through program development or partnership, in order to improve behavioral health access, quality, and care coordination at existing sites of service.
- Maximize performance of existing and future partners and contractors, and will be responsible for managing contractor performance, assuring high quality and timely responses, and identifying additional services needed from contractors.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and convene, at minimum, annual contract reviews and quarterly meetings to monitor and, as needed, address performance and deliverables.
- As the administrative leader, the Director will develop and supervise clinical and non-clinical support behavioral health support staff, such as mental health technicians, peers, recovery coaches, BERT or PBIT teams.
- Primarily responsible for training and education of all CMH staff who encounter patients with behavioral needs, to include training such as Crisis Prevention, Inc. (CPI), Mental Health First Aid, or Zero Suicide Initiative.
- Develops a system for achieving and maintaining core behavioral health competence.
- Responsible to the Vice President of Clinical Integration for operational and capital budget planning and monthly financial management. Allocate resources to achieve targeted benchmarks and measurable outcomes.
- Participate in developing current and future strategic and tactical plans to improve care delivery.
- Monitor effectiveness and course correct as necessary using a Plan-Do-Study-Act or similar model.
- Actively participate in policy and regulatory work related to behavioral health at the national, state and local level.
- Serves as a key liaison with federal, state and local agencies.
- Work collaboratively with a physician leader designated as the medical director, who will be generally responsible for assuring quality of clinical care and patient care standards; for compliance with clinical regulations and professional scopes of practice; for assisting to integrate behavioral health services into the greater medical continuum and into care pathways; and for oversight of contracted providers such as telepsychiatry.
- In collaboration with the CMH Marketing Team, the Director will develop and oversee delivery of a communications strategy for implementation of a behavioral health strategic plan. Effectively engage internal and external stakeholders to ensure buy in for strategic initiatives and effect practice change in alignment with identified calls to action.
- Together, the physician and administrative leaders assure that services are delivered according to the mission, vision, values and culture of the organization, and are planned and provided in such a way as to improve and support the overall strategic direction of CMH.
- Participate as SME on peer review, critical incident, and/or M&M?
- Collaboratively develop behavioral health related policies and procedures
- Responsible for program evaluation and performance management
- Assess and respond to regional/community behavioral health needs
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited program in Public Health, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, Social Work, or a related field.
- License to practice behavioral health in the State of Maine, e.g. Psychologist, LCSW
- At least 5 years experience in behavioral health
- Minimum of 5 years as administrator in a large behavioral health organization and/or oversight of complex behavioral health system
- Demonstrated leadership successfully implementing complex systems change, practice improvement, and/or new programs and/or services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to engage patients and team members utilizing the CMH Experience Standards
- I am creating a warming, caring, and non-judgmental environment
- I am actively listening and seeking information
- I am honest, truthful, and consistent
- I am respectful, treating all individuals with dignity and empathy
- I am serving as a role model, taking both initiative and ownership when appropriate
- I am working collaboratively and demonstrating teamwork
- I am resilient and adapt to change in positive ways.
Demonstrated ability to direct and triage in a highly fluid dynamic operational environment.
Ability to collaborate with all layers of the management/ administration team.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!