Supervisor, Decision Support
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Supervisor, Decision Support provides strategic leadership to a team of data professionals in support of Mount Nittany Health. This individual develops, implements and maintains the out front strategy of how data is sourced, collected, analyzed and presented.
This individual leads a team that is a critical link between Enterprise Data Warehouse and vendor resources and analysts, data users, and report development stakeholders across the health system; provides Information Services department-based initial data validation services and develops plans to streamline and improve data validation and data quality management efforts to enhance end-user trust in data solutions provided by Information Services; participates in process improvement efforts (e.g., standardized data capture or formal data governance initiatives for improved reporting and analytics); provides support to analysts and other staff in the creation of meaningful and intuitive “business layer” solutions in support of self-service reporting and analytics; co-develops or develops dashboards, reports, data files, and related deliverables, as necessary; participates in maintenance and support of associated software. The position requires direct interaction with internal Information Services resources, external consultants, and stakeholders across the health system.
1) Bachelor’s degree in health management, business, statistics, data science, computer science/engineering, or related discipline. May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education.
2) Master's degree in health administration or business administration preferred.
1) Minimum five years’ experience with data manipulation and visualization, research methodology, applied statistics, and/or business intelligence solutions.
2) Expert level experience with (or working directly with those who perform) business and clinical operations with demonstrated ability to listen to and understand end-user requirements.
3) Expert level experience with (or working directly with those who perform) computer programming, database management, and systems integration preferred.
4) Experience using SQL queries to retrieve and manipulate data from large or complex database structures preferred.
5) Prior health care industry experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of SQL
2) Knowledge of one or more of the following preferred: applied statistics; data science; data visualization
3) Knowledge of business intelligence solutions and dashboard development preferred
4) Strong active listening skills
5) Ability to take initiative and apply effective project management skills
6) Ability to work independently
7) Handles multiple projects simultaneously; conflicts are escalated to the Manager in a timely manner prior to a project becoming late
8) Follows established company and department standards and best practices
9) Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies
10) Works independently and within the team structure
11) Effectively communicate with users, management and other coworkers in both verbal and written form
12) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Health