FT 40 HRS
YesterdayRequisition ID: 1937
Harbor Health Services is an innovative, growing, mission-based organization that lives, serves and collaborates with our community members to achieve our mission to help individuals reach their full potential through access to local, affordable services that promote health. Harbor provides medical, behavioral health, dental, and support services to more than 34,000 health center patients in Boston, the South Shore, and Cape Cod. Harbor Health also operates two Programs for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly in Mattapan and Brockton and a Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program. To help further the mission of Harbor, we are looking for a Pediatrician to join our well-established Pediatric team at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center.
Harbor Health Services qualifies for Federal and State Loan Repayment Programs (up to $25,000 a year for 2 years).
The Staff Physician-Pediatrician provides care, including routine health maintenance, management of chronic conditions, and management of acute illness for Pediatric patients.
Position is flexible, 20-30 hours weekly preferred but full time is available, and will include one 4 hour Saturday shift per month and one evening shift weekly.
- Serves as a primary care provider for a panel of patients.
- Organizes and manages the care of primary care patients, including outpatient visits, communication with patients by mail, email or phone, inpatient care, referral for specialty care, provision of or referral for patient education for self-management, assesses health risks, promotes and provides disease prevention, and practices evidenced based medicine.
- Provides routine health maintenance by performing interval well visits. This may include a complete history and physical, developmental assessment, risk assessment, cancer screening, and health promotion education. Follows up on any problems detected. Makes appropriate referrals for additional services required, including, nutrition, social services, behavioral health, specialty care
- Provides timely and expert care to patients with acute illness.
- Manages common chronic illnesses, including acute complications and routine follow-up and provides or arranges for appropriate patient and/or family education regarding management of chronic illnesses.
- Participates in an on-call system with other Physicians and Nurse Practitioners in the Center along with a triage nurse system for off hours support (minimal calls 1-2 on average).
- Participates in, at most, 1 evening shift per week, 1 Saturday morning shift per month and rare shift on holiday.
- Participates in provider staff meetings, departmental meetings, general staff meetings, trainings, care team meetings and quality improvement/practice transformation sessions.
- Supervises mid-level practitioners on a routine basis and reviews problem cases, is available for questions, reviews medication prescribing, and provides teaching.
- Participates in managed care plans and assists the Center by reinforcing patient understanding of such plans; makes appropriate, cost efficient referrals and admission decisions and refers only to participating specialists; provides guidance and monitoring of systems necessary for the function of managed care programs.
- Accurately and timely updates Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately using proper coding and documents care accordingly.
- Completed accredited physician residency in Pediatrics, Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Current Massachusetts MD/DO license, current DEA and Mass Controlled Substance Registration (MCSR)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers) Certification
- Computer Literate (MS Office, Windows), experience with Electronic Medical Record (EPIC/OCHIN preferred)
- Experience with a community health center population and practice setting preferred
Our excellent, comprehensive benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan with discretionary match, generous PTO and much more!
- Harbor Health Services qualifies for Federal and State Loan Repayment Programs (up to $25,000 a year for 2 years)
- 25 days of PTO to start with additional 11 Paid Holidays per year included in a comprehensive benefits package
- Continuing Medical Education stipend of up to $2500 and 5 days of leave per year (pro-rated)
- Malpractice Insurance covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
- Reimbursement for initial and renewal cost of licenses
- Fully integrated EPIC/EMR
- Opportunities available for teaching and leadership
- Clinical and administrative supports include onsite lab, pharmacy, integrated behavioral health, specialty, OBAT and community outreach teams, WIC/food pantry and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.