Staff Nurse – Emergency Department- PT- Nights
Category: Nursing (RN/NP/CNM)
Facility: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: April 26, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
Staff Nurse – Emergency Department
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Coordinator, is responsible and accountable for total direct and indirect comprehensive delivery of nursing care to patients of all ages, including newborn, infant, pediatric, psychiatric, emergency, oncology, critical care and medical/surgical patients.
Role Specific Competencies
- Is accountable for own actions. Demonstrates sound critical thinking skills.
- Assesses health care and needs of patient using appropriate resources and standards and does so in a timely manner.
- Communicates written and verbal reports accurately. Keeps charge nurse and physicians/physician's assistant informed.
- Upholds standards of confidentiality at all times.
5. Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide quality care services for special age specific populations, such as, but not limited to pediatrics and geriatrics patients
- Documents all pertinent data correctly and within required time frame.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care and documents same in progress notes.
- Administers nursing care in a competent manner consistent with policies and procedures. C ompletes all assignments and observation of performance.
9. Participates in programs designed to increase the effectiveness of nursing practice (ED)
- Attends at least 75% of staff meetings per year.
- Demonstrates compliance with information presented at staff meetings, through e-mail, huddle and other forms of communication.
- Prioritizes patient care according to needs of individual patients and unit.
- Completes assignments according to hospital standards and within appropriate time frame.
12. Safety Maintains a safe environment.
- Responds to unusual events Immediately.
13. Synchronizes the nursing activities toward achievement of patient and nurse goals safely, efficiently and effectively (ED)
- Collaborates as necessary with other members of the health team to establish priorities of patient care.
- In emergency situations; Recognizes potentially life-threatening clinical situations and intervenes appropriate to prevent complications.
- Functions effectively in clinical emergencies, demonstrating an ability to implement AC LS appropriately. Seeks assistance, if necessary, in order to accomplish immediate priorities without loss of control. Identifies stress-producing situations and modifies behavior appropriately.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACLS required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ENPC or PALS required.
- RN Licensure in State of Maryland
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum one year previous experience in all aspects of emergency/critical care nursing within the past five years or successful completion of the Emergency Department Internship.
- Concentrates on moderate to fine detail for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise.
- Remembers schedules, tasks to be completed, where activities left off, etc.
- Routinely lifts objects under 50 pounds.
- Understands and can operate from the conceptual basis of tasks and activities.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)