Sr. Director, Patient Financial Services in Brentwood, TN at Health Support Center
Date Posted: 4/15/2022
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
LifePoint Health was founded in 1999 on the idea that everyone deserves quality healthcare close to home and that strong healthcare creates strong communities. We began with a network of 23 hospitals in non-urban markets across the nation united by a singular mission: Making Communities Healthier. We are a financially strong company with significant healthcare operations expertise. We recognize that every community has unique healthcare needs, and for more than 17 years, we have worked to ensure the highest standards of quality care and excellent service to patients at each of our locations by understanding and responding to these needs. LifePoint has a track record of investing in state-of-the-art technology, facility improvements, physician recruitment and staff development. We give each of the facilities and providers within our network the resources they need to deliver high quality care and services to their communities and succeed in today’s healthcare marketplace.
LifePoint Health- Health Support Center
The Senior Director, Patient Financial Services is responsible for providing leadership, support, and operational guidance to hospital and HSC Patient Access operational areas. The Senior Director, Patient Financial Services communicates to LPH leadership as it relates to patient access, customer service, accounts receivable results and revenue enhancements. This position is responsible for the development, interpretation, and implementation of LPH system wide policies to ensure enhanced patient experience, compliance with regulations, and maximize facility reimbursements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Collaborate with other Hospital Support Center (HSC) departments to align Patient Access departmental initiatives and company goals for all LPH facilities (i.e. upfront collections, denials, etc).
- Develop, maintain, communicate, deploy, and ensure execution of Patient Access standard policies and procedures where necessary to drive standardization system wide, seeking proper input and approvals from key internal stakeholders prior to deployment.
- Coordinate with LPH facility Patient Access departments to develop, maintain, and oversee consistent, front-end focused revenue cycle feedback loops.
- Acts as a change agent to foster proactive communication and issue management between LPH facilities and HSC operational areas.
- Articulates the vision and strategy of the LPH Patient Access function as it relates to furthering the organizational mission, vision, and values to HSC leadership.
- Assist all LifePoint hospitals in regard to facilitating improvement in the quality, completeness, and accuracy of patient access functions.
- Collaborate with HSC, facility, and clinical leadership to identify trends in capacity issues that create barriers to patient flow and lead change initiatives to mitigate these issues.
- Responsible for the overall Patient Access outcomes of patient satisfaction, standardized processes, up front revenue and other revenue and expense targets and initiatives.
- Responsible for enhancing both the patient and provider experience with Patient Access functions and services.
- Provide support to facility Patient Access leadership to include but not limited to assessing staffing, productivity, and upfront collections challenges.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Patient Access vendor partners to implement programs, products, and standard policies/procedures, and ensure products optimization throughout the organization.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Patient Access vendor Partners and other key leaders to develop vendor partner and/or facility baseline and ongoing performance measures to ensure ROI and KPIs are met.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
Manage the work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensures quality standards. Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years in Patient Access and/or Revenue Cycle experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Business Mathematical Skills -- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Moderate Computer Skills -- Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Ability to create, maintain and incorporate simple functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
Organizational Communication -- Handles broad-based complex information across departments with company-wide impact. Presents to diverse audiences, and can negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
Organizational Business Problems -- Problems are broad, complex and abstract, often involving company-wide issues. Must develop solutions using substantial creativity, resourcefulness, innovation, negotiation and diplomacy.
Organizational Specific -- Decisions have significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a division. Job contributes to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of LifePoint.
Organizational Independent Judgement -- Sets direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources for LifePoint.
Organizational Planning / Organization -- Prioritize, organize, and delegate project assignments company-wide; responsible for project outcomes.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Extensive overnight travel (up to 50%) by land and/or air.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.