Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Job Id R0023481
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for a variety of accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and management of reports and financial statements and ensuring compliance with US GAAP. Monitors financial control processes and ensures that accounting transactions are executed in accordance with established standards of internal control. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of complex accounting assignments.
In alignment with our Finance vision, this position will support the transformation of care for the neediest populations by being committed to business focused self-development, through the generation and use of information to support business leadership in driving great decisions, optimizing performance and ensuring accountability through transparency, actionable insights and education.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares or oversees validation of monthly data ensuring its accuracy and communicating with Data Warehouse Team, IT and other internal departments and external sources on any discrepancies.
- Researches and resolves a wide range of accounting issues in resourceful and practical ways, conferring with supervisor on unusual matters.
- Participates in and/or conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods or procedures.
- Verifies the accuracy of bank and general ledger reconciliations, journal entries and accounting classifications, including review of supporting schedules for sufficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and variance analysis for internal reporting, including providing explanations of complex or unusual matters to facilitate review by field finance and other business partners
- Respond to financial inquiries of field management providing requested information for use in effective field management of the business.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory requirements for Federal, State and Municipal government agencies included but not limited to business licenses, property and tangible taxes, sales taxes and government surveys within the ChenMed companies.
- Identifies areas for cost reductions and operational improvements and assist with integration and testing of various automation efforts.
- Provides functional advice or training to staff accountant and less-experienced associates.
- Participates and supports procedures performed by outside advisors and external auditors.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and auditing practices and procedures
- Experience working within an internal control framework
- Must have a high degree of independent judgment and initiative in identifying and resolving problems
- Must be detail oriented & have exceptional organizational skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally, and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Master’s Degree in Accounting; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis above the minimum experience required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred; MBA a plus
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience
- Public Accounting experience preferred
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director