State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 45185BR
Job Summary: Under clinical supervision, responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families in assigned patient population. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community agencies, and other health care professionals to implement safe and effective patient care.
Reports to the social work manager / manager of clinical service area
- Provides clinical services to patients and families that address personal and environmental issues in order to maximize emotional, social, and physical well being and the appropriate and efficient use of health care resources.. Meets productivity standards set by clinical service area.
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred, or meet screening criteria for identifying patients' needs. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides services as indicated. Partners with the multidisciplinary team to facilitate continuity of care planning.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapeutic services appropriate to setting. Provides timely and appropriate communication and documentation in medical record. Provides consultation and education regarding psycho-social issues affecting patient care. Advises and addresses ethical and risk management issues.
- Presents and/or discusses clinical work in formal and informal settings and seminars. Participates in CQI efforts and in After Hours Program as needed. Partners with advanced staff on research. Presents clinical material and theory at teaching conferences and seminars.
- Participates in one's own clinical supervision as appropriate to level of professional development. Serves as a content resource for multidisciplinary staff; and may serve as mentor/trainer/clinical supervisor to less experienced staff.
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- License Lic Clinical Social Worker required., or Registration Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- New graduates and out of state MSW prepared Social Workers are expected to obtain Massachusetts license within 3-6 months of hire date. Will need to work under the direct clinical supervision by a licensed social worker and have all notes co-signed until license has been obtained.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Health care and/or human service experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply