State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Shared Services Pharm Tech
Req ID: 46386BR
Job Summary: Beth Israel Lahey Health is a world-class integrated health system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Our 120,000 square foot facility in Westwood, MA, provides state of the art pharmacy services to our systems patients and employees. We specialize in patient-centered care, adherence packaging, specialty drug services, home delivery services, prior authorizations processing, and patient counseling. We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced individual that will build and manage our inventory and logistics team. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service and become the pharmacy of choice for all our patients and employees.
The Shared Services Pharmacy Technician will assist the overall operation of the call center and data entry teams for the BILH outpatient pharmacy network.
- Enters new and refill orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Resolves all PBM related billing problems and issues.
- Handle phone inquiries and initial prescription intake.
- Multidisciplinary responsibilities including communication with providers, prescribers, and patients
- Be willing and able to cross-train in different roles within the facility and be flexible based on the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for answering inbound calls and assisting customers with pharmacy-related services. Obtain client information by answering telephone calls; interviewing clients; verifying information. Contact patients to schedule medication deliveries and verify correct address information. Escalates calls to pharmacists for clinical inquiries and escalates grievances to supervisor.
- Maintains new and existing patient profiles and enters new prescriptions into patient profiles.
- Answers, screens, and processes a high volume of calls in a professional manner. Utilizes and adheres to the phone scripts and guidelines for triaging calls. Asks appropriate questions and use independent judgment within the scope of knowledge and authority to determine the type of appointment, appropriate provider, and urgency needed.
- Assists patients with enrollment process for manufacturer and non-profit organization copay assistance programs.
- Support health care providers with required prior authorization and required appeals. Manage all mail/delivery of Rx orders including addressing problems/issues with delivery process
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Registration Mass Registered Pharmacy Tech required., or Certificate 1 Pharmacy Technician Trainee required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- (CPht) Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Call center, Pharmacy data entry, and PBM billing experience.
- Bilingual verbal and written communication.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply