Sign into the Talent Community
Senior Director – Talent Acquisition and Development
Facility: Luminis Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: September 27, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
Title: Senior Director, Talent Acquisition and Development
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Human Resources Officer
Cost Center/Job Code: 10000-50045-002022
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Objective: The Sr. Director Talent Acquisition and Development of Luminis Health reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and is responsible for developing short- and long-term strategic plans for effective recruitment, development, diversity, engagement and utilization of human resources. This position develops workforce programs and strategies that: ensures the robust and expedient acquisition of highly skilled and high performing talent; enables talent development, career progression and advancement to promote and retain existing employees; and supports organizational priorities.
- Project current and future organization-wide staffing and organizational requirements. Establish and maintains human resources planning, control and reporting activities.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process and budget, utilizing metrics and data designed to make decisions that deliver results. Lead a motivated recruiting team. Hire and lead a team of leaders and individual contributors across full-cycle recruiting operations and programs. Mentor and develop the talent acquisition team, utilize continual learning and development techniques for growth.
- Drive diversity programs for the company and build hiring goals. In conjunction with Diversity and Inclusion, build quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our hiring needs. Develop diversity and inclusion recruitment strategies and embed them into programs.
- Drive the strategic direction of organizational learning and professional development programs that are aligned to the organization's business strategies. Identifies, assesses and improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the programs. Oversees planning and execution of all education pertaining to staff development, leadership development and organization-based training programs for professionals to include succession planning.
- Monitor and evaluate operation effectiveness to operationalize talent planning and implement change where needed. Guide talent resource planning and forecasting. Use data to develop both short-term and long-term recruiting plans. Influence utilizing data. Create data-backed insights to continually improve recruitment practices. Perform recruiting capacity planning and balance hiring resources (recruiters/agency) to ensure the right resource allocation to support the business. Design and own the talent acquisition strategy and plan including annual and quarterly objectives
- Manage the development of recruiting programs including: interview guides, interviewer training, candidate assessment/calibration, referrals, internships and outreach recruiting. Develop programs that are creative, transformative, and support the long-term goals and vision of the company. Improve efficiency at scale. Develop processes for creating information systems that support talent strategies along with the growth of the organization.
- Partner with Marketing and Communications to focus on our employer brand and ensure that web presence, events, for social job-related content reflect organizational brand, culture and values. Drive innovative and impactful initiatives to increase our brand recognition in order to attract and engage world-class talent.
- Create and lead the strategic vision and roadmap to find, attract and retain exceptional talent, setting the tone and expectation around the organizational values of Respect, Inclusion, Service, and Excellence.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and ethical issues related to talent acquisition and organizational development.
- Promote diversity and a sincere commitment to collaboration and inclusion.
- Assume responsibility for projects as assigned.
The Sr. Director – Talent Acquisition and Development will serve as an exemplar of Luminis Health leadership, which includes team leadership, change leadership, and business leadership (TCB).
- Demonstrates and encourages collaboration and teamwork to achieve goals.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with people inside and outside the system.
- Role models self-wellbeing; supports organization efforts to encourage employee wellbeing.
- Seeks opportunities to be present and visible in the organization.
- Champions change through the system; anticipates the need for change and develops and supports strategies to obtain the desired outcomes.
- Has knowledge of the local and national healthcare environment and advises on the appropriate strategies to achieve success in Luminis Health market.
- Demonstrates innovative and creative approaches to work.
- Establishes high expectations for continuous learning, performance improvement and sustainable growth.
- Demonstrates good business judgment and strategic insight.
- Operates with a high level of urgency.
- Effectively uses data and analytics to drive decision marking.
- Advances Luminis Health business interests while ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business
- Advance degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of substantial senior level, talent acquisition/development experience, preferably in hospitals or health care
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or other relevant certification
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)