COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Senior Administrator Transplant Services
share this job
Senior Administrator Transplant Services
Job ID: 95886
Area of Interest: Management
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 24/7 responsibility
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
- Promotes innovation and collaboration to achieve a cohesive, fully integrated system of care to help position the UMMC Program in Transplantation as a distinctive national and international leader while optimizing operational performance.
- Responsible for supporting the Director on executing UMMC’s transplant service line initiatives, including participating in the strategic and operational direction for the program, communicating overall direction, cultivating business development opportunities, and fulfilling marketing plans community outreach, and referring physician relationship development.
- Supervises Transplant Operations Manager as well as managers of patient care, with monthly reporting to the Director.
- Ensure the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and protocols to foster the highest levels of efficiency and quality.
- Establishes and sustains a long-term return on investment after considering clinical and financial data, current and future resources, market drivers and UMMC organizational strategies and values, as supported by the Transplant Finance Leadership.
- Anticipates and advises the Director on shifts within the competitive market, organ allocation systems, technology, and policy and regulatory environments that may impact the delivery, management and financing of transplant patient care.
- Consults regularly with Program member providers to ensure full bi-directional information sharing related to inpatient and outpatient clinical practice, quality of care, patient safety, operational challenges and opportunities for programmatic growth.
- Responsible for the Program in Transplantation calendar of meetings, agenda, and reports to the Director and Executive Committee.
- Provides oversight and management of the planning, control and effective utilization of the physical, financial and human resources of the Program.
- Develops an integrated care delivery model that ensures that all critical supporting disciplines (including pharmacy, social work, APPs, quality improvement staff , nutrition, revenue cycle, IT, etc.) are embedded within the model itself, providing unparalleled comprehensive, seamless, multi-disciplinary care across all phases of the transplant continuum.
- Promotes the use and integration of available information and communication systems to improve programmatic efficiencies and quality metrics, and meet regulatory reporting expectations.
- Integrates and promotes education, professional development, and training for staff, allied health professionals, physicians, and trainees. Ensures opportunities for continuous learning and attainment of new professional competencies and goals.
- Supports UMMC initiatives in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for staff, patients and families.
- Ensures the development and implementation of a superior operational structure that is user-friendly for referring physicians, payors, and patients.
- Consults with Surgical and Medicine medical staff members and Hospital staff regularly to ensure cross-disciplinary integration and synergy related to safety, quality of care, outcomes, operations, and optimization of the patient experience.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Minimum of master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Service (Public Health) Administration, Nursing, Business Administration, previous experience or related area of graduate study is required.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive management experience in a patient care environment. Minimum of seven years Transplant administration experience required.
- Experience in Regulatory, quality and finance is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW