State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45601BR
Job Summary: Coordinates the scheduling for all patient procedures and services.
- Schedules patients for procedures; post-operative appointments, pre-admission testing, testing, surgery, follow up and wait list process. Notify patients in-person and via mail of scheduled procedures. Ensures all communications are timely and provide complete details of procedure, location, and time and required. Provides patients with information pertaining to testing and surgery.
- Maintains multiple applications for scheduling of procedures & collection of patient data. Schedules location of procedure, medical staff & clinical resources. Completes accurate & timely journal entries. Collaborates with both internal & external partners to obtain resources. Maintains physician &/or surgeon's schedule. Registers patient & ensures demographic data is entered accurat
- Communicates schedules on a daily basis. Reviews with advisor. Updates staff with revisions. Posts schedules.
- Acts as liaison to with internal departments and external resources and agencies.
- Coordinates to ensure all paperwork is complete and preauthorization has been obtained. Obtains and processes referrals for procedures.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply