RN Perioperative/Operative/ Primary Operating room
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provides perioperative and operative nursing care to the patient by assessment, planning, treatment, and evaluation. Provides safe, knowledgeable, compassionate, educative, individualized, and goal orientated nursing care to all patients and their families.
1) Graduate of an accredited registered nurse program
1) Previous experience as a registered nurse required.
2) Previous experience preferred in the following areas: scrubbing, circulating, PACU, and admissions.
3) Previous experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
2) Possesses basic computer skills.
3) Ability to work well with patients, families, physicians, visitors, and coworkers who are often under physical or emotional stress.
4) Able to maintain confidentiality of all records and information in the course of the work day.
5) Able to share knowledge as in orienting new employees to the surgical center.
1) Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) After four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
4) After six months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and renews PALS every two years.