RN Acute Care - Surgical Oncology - Innovative Night Schedule
Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Category: Nursing Professional
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 153760
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2023
Provides direct patient care, at a proficient level, using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
The Surgical Oncology unit is a newly established unit caring for patients before and/or after a wide variety of surgical procedures in relation to their cancer treatment journey. Clinical nursing staff collaborate with renowned surgeons within the Rocky Mountain region who provide innovative treatments to produce the best possible outcomes for their cancer patients. Surgical Oncology staff take considerable pride in the care they deliver, both clinically and holistically, during what can be described as a most vulnerable time in a patient’s life. This unit seeks engaged healthcare workers who can perform in a fast-paced environment and show dedication to learning the unique specialty needs for providing safe patient care to these recovering patient populations. We embody our unit’s motto, Nursing is a Team Sport as we embrace a multidisciplinary and collaborative approach towards providing excellent patient care. This patient population has transitioned to a new 36-bed unit in AIP III. This new patient care space incorporates innovative technologies and resources to support clinical staff to perform at the top of their scope.
An Innovative Night FlexSchedule Program:
Four 12-hour shifts for 12 weeks, then take 4 paid weeks off. Or, Four 12-hour shifts for 8 weeks, then take 2 paid weeks off.
Here’s how FlexSchedule works –
- The schedule: Work four 12 hour shifts per week during a 12-week period, followed by 4 weeks off
- The pay: A pre-determined FlexBank contribution is deducted from each of your six working pay periods (12 weeks). You keep getting paid while you enjoy 4 weeks off from this FlexBank contribution, without interruption to your benefit coverage.
- Eligibility requirements: Full-time (0.9) working in acute care straight-night positions, one year of RN experience, no shift rotation.
In addition, we are offering a night incentive to Full time RNs of $1,600 for every 13 consecutive weeks of full time commitment. You must work a minimum of 3 full time night shifts every week.
Work Schedule: Full Time Nights
Provides care in a 24/7 Acute Care environment.
Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to a multidisciplinary care team. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Required Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider
- 6 months of nursing (RN) experience.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
The pay range for this position is:$33.08 - $51.27 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently.
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
We can’t make extraordinary possible without you.
Join us today.
At UCHealth, we’re looking for those who are talented, inspired and up for a challenge—those who don’t shy away from big emotional investments and daily opportunities to improve lives.
Our individual facilities propel us forward to improve and optimize health care, with locations across Colorado, including:
Take the first step today by joining our talent community.
From health care to health.