Sign into the Talent Community
Respiratory Therapist – Registered
Category: Allied Health
Facility: Luminis Doctors Community Medical Center
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: September 22, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
The Respiratory Therapist provides respiratory care therapeutic modality in the Med/Surg areas and in the C ritical C are areas of the hospital. Administers all procedures in compliance with the Physician's orders and the departmental policy and procedures. In addition, they act as the Resource Therapist for the Respiratory Tech assigned to a particular floor.
Role Specific Competencies
1. Adheres to hospital policies.
- Follow the hospital policies, i.e., behavior; dress code.
- Attends 80% of departmental and hospital staff meetings.
- Attends fire, safety and infection control lectures as required by JC AHO and the hospital.
- Follows hospital and department policies pertaining to absenteeism & tardiness.
2. Initiates, administers, documents respiratory care procedures in compliance with departmental procedures.
- Verifies all requests and administers all procedures in compliance with the physician's order and the departmental policies and procedures.
- Contacts the ordering physician to clarify orders not complete or not compatible with departmental procedures or in regards to any questions concerning R.T. service.
- Notifies Charge Therapist or department manager of physician's orders not compatible with department policies, and after physician has been contacted within 1/2 hour.
- Performs the following procedures in compliance with Departmental policies and procedures: Oxygen delivery, Aerosol and Humidity delivery, Incentive Spirometry, Chest Percussion, Postural Drainage, Arterial puncture for analysis, Mechanical Ventilator Management,
- Management of Artificial Airways, Analysis of Arterial samples and interpretation of results. Transportation of all patients requiring Respiratory assistance.
3. Maintains clinical skills and theoretical knowledge with the state of the art.
- Demonstrates knowledge with passing the C RTT exam within one year of employment.
- Participates in continuing education program by giving a least two classes per year.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current theoretical basis of all procedures as required.
- Masters all new departmental procedures not previously listed within the instruction period.
4. Maintains work area in a clean, prepared fashion.
- Maintains equipment in a ready state.
- Labels all non-functioning equipment after thoroughly trouble shooting it.
- Maintains stock of disposable equipment in work area and department.
- Assures cleanliness and neatness of work area and department.
5. Works in a safe manner so as not to jeopardize self, other employees, visitors or patients.
- Follows hospital and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and incidents to the department management within 30 minutes.
- Utilizes good technique when performing all hazardous procedures such as lifting patients and obtaining blood samples.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate from an approved C.R.T.T. program
- Current professional Respiratory Thearpy license in the State of Maryland.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the population served.
- CPR/BLS, PALS and ACLS required
- Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise.
- Remembers schedules, tasks to be completed, where activities left off, etc.
- Routinely lifts objects under 20 pounds.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)