State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Respiratory Therapist II -- $5k Sign On Bonus at BIDMC
As part of an unprecedented organizational initiative, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is now offering up to $10,000 in sign on bonuses for Respiratory Therapist II positions.
Bonuses are paid out within the first 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes. Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses. (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply)
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 44263BR
Job Summary: Assumes primary responsibility for patient care including: examination, evaluation, treatment planning, and administration of Respiratory Care procedures in response to a physician's order.
- Assesses patient condition based on medical history, observation, examination, physician's diagnosis, laboratory findings and the results of specific tests or respiratory function and other appropriate diagnostic procedures. Develops or modifies the respiratory care plan and makes specific recommendations to physicians regarding indicated therapy.
- Serves as a role model for respiratory care students and other members of the health care team who provide clinical procedures related to respiratory care. Functions as the Team Leader during shifts when no member of the management team is physically present on site.
- Attends and participates in internal and external educational meetings (departmental in-services, staff meetings, and educational conferences) to maintain and enhance clinical competence and to meet state license requirements.
- Participates in the department's performance improvement activities. Applies findings of clinical research and performance assessment findings to improve the quality of care provided to the patients at BIDMC.
- Develops and implements patient/family education plans to meet the needs of the patient at the time of clinical assessment. Facilitates patient and family education by assessing the learning needs.
- Associate's degree required in Respiratory Care/Cardiopulmonary Science.
- License required: Respiratory Therapist License, and Registration required: Reg Respiratory Therapist, and Certificate 1 required: Basic Life Support
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Work requires rotation to off-shifts and weekend hours; must be available to work on-call as necessary.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply