Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Performs a variety of general office duties to assist the staff. Interviews patients or their representatives in order to obtain information necessary for accurate scheduling, patient identification, medical records, and provision of services and billing of those services. Organizes work to facilitate cost effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of services. Strives for excellence in correct data entry for information services system. Utilizes communication skills and other behaviors to create an environment of customer service and hospitality. Coordinate scheduling and registration with other departments. May be utilized to cover other Outpatient clinics as needed.
1) High school graduate.
2) Business courses and customer service courses preferred.
1) One year previous healthcare related or public contact experience required.
2) Understanding and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
3) One year experience in patient scheduling and registration preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel, as well as web-based database programs and the internet.
2) Data entry/alphanumeric expertise.
3) Must have good mathematical skills and ability to organize and prioritize work flow.
4) Must present a positive, neat, and well-groomed appearance.
5) Must be a mature individual with assertive communication skills and able to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
6) Positive interviewing skills a must.
7) Preference will be given to those individuals with a well-defined customer orientation.
8) Able to relate to individuals who are in an anxious psychological state.
9) Must be cooperative and supportive of co-workers and other Medical Center personnel.
10) Must be able to remain calm and pleasant in stressful situations.
11) Must preserve patient confidentiality.
1) Within three months from hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.