COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Registered Nurse (RN) - Post Acute - $15,000 Sign On Bonus
At the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), we are creating a better state of care, for our communities and our team members at more than 150 locations across Maryland.
UMMS believes all team members are caregivers—and we support our caregivers so they can care for our patients. When you join UMMS, you become part of a highly reliable community of more than 27,000, where your experience is respected, your expertise is recognized, and your passion and curiosity are nurtured. A generous benefits package supports your physical, mental, and financial health through a paid time off plan, comprehensive health coverage, dependent care and tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, wellbeing services and more.
UMMS embraces a just culture where all team members are treated fairly and are empowered to communicate their goals and pursue their full career potential. We are guided by our shared values—compassion, discovery, excellence, diversity and integrity—and we are looking for talented individuals who will embrace those values and help us achieve our mission and vision.
UMMS has been recognized as a top employer nationally and most recently is a recipient of the Forbes’ 2023 America’s Best Large Employers award, as well as Newsweek’s 2023 America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity and America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women honors.
share this job
Registered Nurse (RN) – Post Acute – $15,000 Sign On Bonus
Job ID: REF12662Y
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7p-7:30a
Job Facility: UM Midtown Campus
Employment Type: Full Time
The UMMC Midtown Campus Post-Acute Specialty Program (PASP) provides a family-oriented environment for patients requiring long term care beyond the acute phase.
PASP has a close-knit team of dedicated physicians, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, patient care technicians, rehabilitation and respiratory therapists, dietitians, and other health care practitioners that provide individualized, around-the-clock patient care.
The team approach to patient care is multidisciplinary and collaborative, and ensures patients’ and their families’ goals are reached.
Our 22-bed Post Acute unit provides:
- Rehabilitation Services
- Chronic Medical Care
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supports charge nurse decisions; performs charge role for assigned shifts as needed.
- Provides independent care to unit specific patient population; serves as clinical resource for others, utilizes and integrates evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
- Accountable to patients and families for the processes and outcomes of care during an episode of care.
- Accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
- Serves as an effective primary coordinating nurse; collaborates with interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate care addressing patient/family needs.
- Serves as clinical resource for others.
Registered Nurse (RN) – Post Acute Rehab | Full Time | Night Shift
When we say “our community” we mean it.
UMMC Midtown Campus, one of two campuses of the University of Maryland Medical Center, has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy and has grown to become a trusted teaching hospital for medical and surgical care in Baltimore City.
Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 180-bed, community teaching hospital with a focus on helping people manage chronic diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, pulmonary conditions, and infectious diseases.
- Licensure as a RN Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.; BSN preferred. Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes.
- One year nursing experience. Solid knowledge and clinical skills.
- Current CPR certification required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW