COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU
share this job
Registered Nurse (RN) – PACU
Job ID: 100725
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: La Plata,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 8 or 10 hr with call
Job Facility: UM Charles Regional Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
PACU Registered Nurse
Full-Time – Day Shift
La Plata, Maryland
Great health, great opportunities.
At University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center (UM CRMC), our talented and diverse groups of professionals represent our strength. Through teamwork and a collaborative work environment, we proudly serve our patients and our community with unwavering commitment. It’s our passion for people that motivates us to do great work every single day.
Consistently named among the top 100 Best Places to Work in Maryland, our team members have the opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive and stimulating environment.
We are looking for experienced PACU Registered Nurses to join our extraordinary team!
- The CNII functions in the clinical setting as described in the RN: Clinical, job description. In addition, the CNII nurse must have demonstrated the ability to function as charge nurse efficiently and/or precept new staff members. The nurse should have successfully completed the Preceptor and/or Charge Nurse program. They must be able to demonstrate, document, and teach others as it relates to their unit: core measures, restraints, falls, wound, pain, customer service, National Patient Safety Goals, critical values, patient teaching, and suicide assessment.
- This nurse is able to competently demonstrate the ability to delegate and supervise personnel.
- He/she is able to integrate technical competencies while integrating the biopsychosocial aspects of patient care. He/she demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and caring for groups of patients.
- He/she consults others for assistance in recognizing his/her strengths and areas in need of professional growth. Professional nursing practice complies with the Maryland Practice Act.
- He or she demonstrates an understanding of patient safety goals, hospital and nursing quality performance measures, and patient education.
- He/she ensures best practices are being met for clients and actively collaborates with other disciplines.
- He/she brings to the attention of supervisory staff issues, which he/she cannot resolve at the unit level. He/she participates in service wide committees, task forces, or planning committees to meet the goals and mission of nursing services, Maryland General Hospital, and the University of Maryland Medical System.
- He/she anticipates patient needs and becomes proficient at ensuring customer service is outstanding for his/her clients and role models and influences those on the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand, follow protocols and help others with; core measures, restraints, falls, wound, pain, customer service, National Patient Safety Goals, critical values, patient teaching and suicide assessment.
- Functions as charge nurse and/or preceptor.
- Works with supervisor to resolve issues at the unit level.
- Collaborates with other disciplines.
- Participates in committees and/or task forces.
As a member of our team, you will experience:
- A supportive, stimulating and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package to support your health and a balanced lifestyle – including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans, and more!
- Generous tuition reimbursement to support your continuing education and professional growth.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with ASN; BSN preferred
- Currently licensed as an RN in the State of Maryland
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS are required
- NALS preferred
- Prior PACU or ICU experience preferred
For more information, call or text Dani Barringer at 410-505-4896 or schedule a call here: https://calendly.com/dani-barringer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, I'm Sheila, I'm from the ICU. I've been here 12 years. I stayed here and I love it here because we're a small community hospital and this is a great team, so come to Midtown.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW