Registered Nurse (RN), *Modified Residency for Experienced Nurses* MSICU, FT/Nights, Atlanta *Competitive Sign on Bonus*
Job Number: 2102180
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital - Atlanta, Georgia
Med Surge ICU
We are a 38 bed Medical/Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Staffed with Critical Care Intensivists/APPs 24/7. Also included our staff mix are nurses, respiratory therapists, and patient care technicians. We are nationally ranked for caring some of the highest acuity patients. Our nursing staff takes pride in knowing that they function at the top of their scope of practice! Some of our patient populations include:
- Complex Respiratory Failure patients requiring advanced ventilatory support
- Patients with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) requiring prone therapy
- Pulmonary Hypertension requiring prostacyclin therapy
- Abdominal Organ Transplantation- (Liver, kidneys, & pancreas)
- Targeted Temperature Management (hypothermia protocol) for post cardiac arrest patients
- CRRT (continuous renal replacement therapy)
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Sepsis and multisystem organ failure
- DIEP flap breast reconstruction
- Advanced Invasive & NonInvasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
- EKOS Ultrasound Accelerated Thrombolysis
MSICU has been awarded the silver BEACON award through the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. This award signifies the strength of nursing, collaboration between healthcare disciplines and hospital leadership, outstanding patient outcomes, high nursing morale, and lower overall nursing turnover.
The staff nurse provides nursing care to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. He/she functions within the framework of the policies and procedures of the organization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The staff nurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinating patient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of quality nursing care.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a nursing program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
New Graduates of a nursing program eligible
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multistate License.
BLS certification required.
For PRN positions: One year of nursing experience in a hospital setting preferred
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Advanced certification in field of specialty, if applicable (see addendum)
Nursing Experience in Hospital Setting Preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.
© 2023 Piedmont Healthcare