COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
share this job
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department
Job ID: 97261
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-8p
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Job Description: Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department
Full-time – Day
Glen Burnie, Maryland7.5K SIGN ON BONUS
The Right Choice. Right Here.
Join our team of Registered Nurses and provide the highest level of care. Experience the highest level of appreciation.
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success— and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our nationally recognized facility features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
Experience the appreciation you deserve.
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses at BWMC who have greater than (>) 12 months experience. This nurse will be competent in the skills/knowledge required and fully participate in unit governance. Independently provides and coordinates care provided to patients within a clinical specialty. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Strives to provide an environment where patients, families, and colleagues collaborate in the delivery of care. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance. Is accountable to hold the Service Standards of the Nursing Mission, Vision and Values
What You Need to Be Successful:
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required upon hire
- Must meet all unit specific certification requirements: (PALS, ACLS, NRP)
- Maintains all Clinical Nurse I core expectations
- Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW