COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
share this job
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department
Job ID: 92393
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Chestertown,MD US
Hours of Work: 7a-7p, 7p-7a
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Full time – Rotating
The Right Choice. Right Here.
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive age specific, Individualized Plan of Care for the client
- Ensures accuracy in the medication process.
- Demonstrates ongoing individual accountability to ensure positive quality outcomes.
- Seeks and supports opportunities for professional growth and development, including contact hours, in services, certifications, degree attainment and other as deemed necessary.
- Provides support to peers and staff by serving as coach, and/or mentor, and offering consistent, and visible support to team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to administer quality nursing care in a professional manner which supports the patient/significant others utilizing the nursing process with coaching and mentoring from his/her team members.
- Practice supports System and Nursing Strategic Plans, Shared Leadership, and the principles of Relationship-Based Care.
- Practices within the limits of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Maryland and adheres to institutional policies, procedures and standards.
- Practices within the standards of the American Nurses Association for: Scope and Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics for Nursing, Nursing’s Social Policy Statement and Specialty Nursing Standards for his/her area(s) of clinical practice.
Check us out: https://vimeo.com/339640369
As an RN at UM Shore Regional Health, you’ll experience:
- The advantages of working for a Magnet® designated Medical Center
- A comprehensive benefits packageincluding health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career development by offering our team members tuition reimbursement ** restrictions apply
What You Need to Be Successful:
- BSN preferred.
- 1+ years of Emergency Department experience (preferred)
- Specialty certification encouraged.
- Meets licensing requirements to practice registered nursing in the State of Maryland. Must meet all applicable state and local professional requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, everybody, my name is Jess Fluharty, and I'm the director of emergency services here for Shore Regional Health. What I like most about living and working on the eastern shore is the proximity that I am to all kinds of exciting things. I'm an hour from the ocean and I'm also an hour from the city, and also right here in my backyard, we have water activities that are all available. So if boating or fishing or crabbing or anything that has to do with the water, this area is probably for you.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW