Every step my patients take
is a huge achievement for them.
I'm here to cheer them on.
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiology Direct Access - Per Diem
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Per Diem
- Level: 1 + Years
- RN License
nurses at BIDMC, ensuring
every patient receives
of our nurses have a
or doctorate degree
dollars in scholarships awarded annually for
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Working closely with attending physicians, nurse practitioners and clinical nurse colleagues, the staff nurses’ primary responsibilities are in planning, developing and providing highly coordinated nursing care to cardiovascular patients.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46268BR
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. The Clinical Nurse II utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional registered nurse and provides direct nursing care to patients and families. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing judgments. Responsible for systematically assessing the health care needs of individuals or groups and for the formulation of a care plan, its implementation and evaluation. Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients
- Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates awareness of environmental forces on health care of patients and their families. Demonstrates the ability to identify resources necessary to implement the plan of care.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and families. Develops relationships with patients and families that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Demonstrate the ability to act as a patient advocate.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Identifies needs for continued growth and development in conjunction with the unit based educator or clinical nurse specialist. Participates in activities that contribute to professional development of self May participate in quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff, and to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice reflects the goals of the Medical Center. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.
-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
- Clinical Nurse II
- Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiology Direct Access - Per Diem
- Clinical Nurse I
- Clinical Nurse II
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts