COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Surgery ICU-CSU
share this job
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Surgery ICU-CSU
Job ID: 100528
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: SUN-SAT 7A-7P and 7P-7A
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN), Cardiac Surgery ICU-CSU
Per Diem, Rotating
Towson, MDWe are seeking a Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiac ICU Registered Nurse to join our nursing team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
WHY CHOOSE UM ST. JOSEPH?
- Top 40 open heart program in the country
- Three star rating in most categories in the Society of Thoracic Surgery data with robust Enhance Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Program
As a Registered Nurse at UM St. Joseph, you’ll experience:
* A supportive and collaborative work environment
* A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
* Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
* Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
* On-Site Daycare
The Registered Nurse – CSU is responsible for patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary health care providers to assess, plan, intervene, evaluate and document care in an individualized and age appropriate manner which promotes patients safety and healing and according to hospital policy. Nursing care is focused on the assessment, diagnosis, planning, treatment and evaluation of preoperative and post- operative surgical patients with emphasis on Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiac ICU care including rhythm interpretation, hemodynamics, airway management, pain management, medication management, safety precautions, patient/family education and support, and initiation of the rehabilitation process. Registered nurses in CICU meet the basic requirements for Registered Nurse staff, and function in accordance with the nursing department job description. Additional unit requirements for registered nurses include temporary epicardial pacing, open cardiac arrest management, PA catheter removal, Pleural chest tube removal (selected nurses) external cardiac defibrillation, CRRT (selected nurses) and VAD(selected nurses).
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 2 year / Associate’s Degree: Nursing (Required)
- 4 year / Bachelor’s Degree: BS in Nursing and/or active pursuit of advanced degree or specialty certification (Preferred)
Certification / Licensure / Registration
- BLS Certification (Required)
- State Registered Nurse License (Required)
Experience and Skills
- 0 – 1 year in a health care environment. (Preferred)
- Required Skills: Strong Verbal Communications Skills, Strong Written Communications Skills, Excellent
- Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong
- Customer Services Skills, Proven Analytical Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
So what is the culture of our team like? So I work in IMC and I would say we have an extremely great team, and I'm not just saying that. I love the people I work with. They are extremely helpful and encouraging and at times funny. It's very rare that I've asked somebody for help, whenever that may be, and I've gotten no for an answer. We are always there for each other and it's so important and so needed in nursing, and in healthcare. And I can't imagine having another team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW