COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Surgery ICU
share this job
Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Surgery ICU
Job ID: 95867
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 2 12 hour shifts
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Part Time
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Surgery ICU
Part Time – Nights
Baltimore, MarylandCome elevate your skills and experience by working with a world-class, Magnet® designated Academic Medical Center with comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the flagship academic medical center at the heart of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) and includes the 789-bed downtown Baltimore campus and the 177-bed midtown campus one mile north. Home to the Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center and The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, we’re the highest-volume trauma center in the United States
We are looking for talented Registered Nurses to join our Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit team here at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing-centered care model and Magnet® Designation
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans, and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
CSICU cares for a diverse population of cardiac surgery patients. Our patients are mostly elective, traveling to UMMC for a particular surgeon.
Operations include, but are not limited to:
- Valve repair and replacement
- Dissection repairs
- Aneurysm repairs
- Heart and Lung transplants
- VAD implantation
- VA and VV ECMO
Our patients aim to have a length of stay in the ICU less than 48 hours after a routine surgery and are then transferred to our sister unit, Cardiac Surgery Progressive Care. Our cardiac surgery population represents some of the most ill patients in the state and we are proud to help them on their path to recovery.
CSICU is proud to have a full-time nurse educator and a robust shared governance model. We also utilize a mobility technician to help ensure that patients are adequately progressed in their mobilization plans post-surgery.
We are a patient-centered, family-focused ICU. Additionally, we utilize a Patient Family Care Liaison who helps ensure that families are informed and supported by helping to manage requests from the interdisciplinary team and from the patients and families.
We also operate under a collaborative leadership team. We have a Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, APP Lead CRNP, Medical Director, and Chief Cardiac Surgeon who work together daily to ensure best practices and advocate for safe, effective patient care.
Direct schedule a recruiter phone screen with Tonya McDonald today to learn more. To schedule, please Click Here
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.; BSN preferred. Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes
- One year nursing experience. Solid knowledge and clinical skills
- Current CPR certification required
- Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education every two years
- Member of a professional organization
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
So, ERGs are new to me; it's a new concept, but it makes... I've never been involved in that sort of thing before, but it makes perfect sense because here we are, we're in this huge organization, and an organization is nothing without its employees, and we can get together, even though the University of Maryland is enormous, we can get together and work with people that we'd never normally even meet. And it makes perfect sense to be able to get together in that way to make a difference, particularly when we're focusing on inequality and injustice. I think that's something that we all should be involved in and empowered to do something about.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW