Registered Nurse - Mother Infant
Location Columbus, Ohio, 43213 Category Nursing Job Id 00412017
12 Hour Night Shift
Mount Carmel Nurses are the heartbeat of our health system.We have several opportunities for both new graduates and experienced nurses. Regardless of your experience, we want to connect with you!
About the Unit:
Mount Carmel East Mother Infant, recently designated Baby-Friendly Hospital, offers a 33 private bed unit. Our unit also includes a well-baby nursery, licensed lactation consultants and a full coverage medical staff team. Our patients are offered 24 hour rooming in experience, breast feeding support and best practice nursing care.
About Mount Carmel East:
Mount Carmel East features a fully integrated cardiovascular center, a Comprehensive Stroke Center, a dedicated Women’s Health Center, a maternity center, a Network Cancer Program, and a comprehensive orthopedics and spine program. We’re also home to Mount Carmel’s Level II Trauma Center, providing critical access to vital emergency services to eastern central Ohio.
We’ve recently completed a $310 million modernization, making our 400-bed, all-private-room facility one of the best in the region when it comes to contemporary clinical services and patient conveniences. We added a new five-story patient tower, a new surgical suite with 12 operating rooms, an expanded cafeteria and kitchen with bistro-like dining and room service, a new main entrance and lobby, expanded parking, peaceful respite areas, and park-like outdoor spaces to create an unprecedented patient experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and day one benefit packages including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Retirement saving account with employer match starting on day one, generous paid time off programs and employee recognition incentive program.
- Tuition and professional development reimbursement – fully discounted tuition through our enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing.
- Flexible schedules through our FirstChoice Internal Travel Program, Weekend Option Program, and local Float Pool.
- Mount Carmel offers DailyPay - if you’re hired as an eligible colleague, you’ll be able to see how much you’ve made every day and transfer your money any time before payday.You deserve to get paid every day!
About the job:
The Registered Nurse (RN), within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, will provide care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The Staff RN is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of Mount Carmel Health System.
What you will do:
- Assess and evaluate patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing evidence-based practice; Assists provider with patient assessment, examinations and treatments; Perform basic medical procedures under the supervision of a provider, including set up of procedures.
- Administer medications under the direction of the provider, according to the organization’s standards, policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Assist in emergency situations under the direction of the provider
- Thoroughly educate and explain procedures to patients and family members (diagnosis, disease process etc.).
- Document accurately and completely pertinent assessments, interventions and outcomes for patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and/or guidelines.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for care provided and documented by other licensed and unlicensed care givers as appropriate.
What we are looking for:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Current BLS/CPR
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage patient care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of the patient care team
- Basic computer skills required; prior experience using an EMR for charting preferred
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminateon the basis ofrace, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion