Registered Nurse - Medical ICU/Surgical ICU - Mount Carmel St. Ann's - Rotating
Location Westerville, Ohio, 43081 Category Nursing Job Id 00412602
- Interested candidates are welcome to submit resume to Laura Mangia, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Carmel Nurses are the heartbeat of our health system.We have several opportunities for both new graduates and experienced nurses. Regardless of your experience, we want to connect with you!
About the Units:
The Medical ICU at Mount Carmel St. Ann’s has a total of 12 beds with overflow available to SICU. This team sees a variety of patients, the majority of which have a diagnosis of one or a combination of the following: Sepsis, CHF, STEMI, Shock, Pneumonia, COVID, Multi-system Organ Failure, and ARDS. The goal ratio is 2pts to 1 nurse, with 1:1 or 3:1 on occasion. The team works closely with the dedicated ICU providers to ensure that patients receive top quality, multi-disciplinary ICU care during their stay in the unit.
The Surgical ICU at Mount Carmel St. Ann’s has a total of 11 beds with overflow available to MICU. The team cares for a variety of surgical patients, ranging from abdominal, vascular, orthopedic, and neurosurgery cases. The unit also sees overflow from MICU, so staff is experienced in caring for sepsis, CHF, pneumonia, etc. as well. The goal ratio is 2 patients to 1 nurse, with 1:1 or 3:1 on occasion. The team works closely with the dedicated ICU providers to ensure that patients receive top quality, multi-disciplinary ICU care during their stay in the unit.
About Mount Carmel St. Ann's:
Mount Carmel St. Ann’s has always been the sole, full-service inpatient hospital in northeast central Ohio. But thanks to a recent expansion, it’s transformed into a regional medical center with a long list of patient-centered facilities and services.
Today St. Ann’s is home to a fully integrated cardiovascular center of excellence with open-heart capabilities, a Primary Stroke Center, a dedicated Women’s Health Center, a Maternity Pavilion that welcomes nearly 4,000 new babies every year, an award-winning Network Cancer Program, the first Cyberknife robotic radiosurgery center in central Ohio and a dedicated orthopedics and spine unit.
These state-of-the-art facilities and capabilities, along with our exceptional team of medical professionals, allow Mount Carmel St. Ann’s to provide award-winning, patient-centered care.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
- Mount Carmel offers DailyPay - if you’re hired as an eligible colleague, you’ll be able to see how much you’ve made every day and transfer your money any time before payday.You deserve to get paid every day!
About the job:
The Registered Nurse (RN), within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, will provide care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The Staff RN is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of Mount Carmel Health System.
What you will do:
- Assess and evaluate patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing evidence-based practice; Assists provider with patient assessment, examinations and treatments; Perform basic medical procedures under the supervision of a provider, including set up of procedures.
- Administer medications under the direction of the provider, according to the organization’s standards, policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Assist in emergency situations under the direction of the provider
- Thoroughly educate and explain procedures to patients and family members (diagnosis, disease process etc.).
- Document accurately and completely pertinent assessments, interventions and outcomes for patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and/or guidelines.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for care provided and documented by other licensed and unlicensed care givers as appropriate.