State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Registered Nurse (Med/Surg/Tele, 36hr, Float)
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham has a seven-bed intensive care unit (ICU) that provides critical care to medical, surgical, and cardiac patients. Patients are under the care of a dedicated intensivist and hospitalist, along with nurses who are trained in caring for patients with complex medical needs.
The Emergency Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham is known for its advanced medical technology, child-friendly atmosphere, shorter wait times and a direct link to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. All Emergency Department physicians are board-certified and members of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43268BR
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for direct and indirect nursing care, health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and rehabilitation.
The Registered Nurse collaborates with physicians and other disciplines to ensure quality, cost effective patient care.
- Mutually formulates outcome with the patient, significant others and health care team when appropriate
- Effectively delegates appropriate patient care activities to co-workers with appropriate knowledge and skill level. Holds co-workers accountable for completing delegated tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the population groups of patients regularly served; seeks assistance from resources if other population groups need care.
- As required, performs patient teaching and provides care to patients in accordance with plan of care and practice standards
- Provides care in a non-judgmental manner that respects patients' rights, autonomy, dignity and confidentiality
- Associate's degree required.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Registration Basic Life Support required., and Certificate 1 Advanced Cardiac Life Support required., and Certificate 2 Pediatric Adv Cardiac Life Sup required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- BLS required for all RNS in Direct Patient Care Areas; ACLS required in all critical care areas [ED, ICU, ENDO, Radiology, PACU]; and PALS required in ED/PACU.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Previous experience preferred
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply