Registered Nurse - Emergency Department *Sign On Bonus Eligible*
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
*External offers made for this position between April 1st, 2022 and June 30th, 2022 are eligible to receive up to a $20,000 Sign-On Bonus.*
*This position qualifies for the Mount Nittany Health Employee Referral incentive as per policy 6063*
Provides professional nursing care based on current nursing knowledge through use of the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) standards. This includes the use of the nursing process through assessment of the patient needs, development of the plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing interventions and evaluations of patient care outcomes for the neonate through geriatric age population. This position is subject to scheduled on-call assignments as needed, due to community event influence on Emergency Department patient volumes.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
2) Completes sexual assault nurse examiner course within first year of hire/transfer.
1) Previous RN experience preferred.
2) Charge qualified preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) After four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
4) After six months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and renews PALS every two years.
5) Within four months from the hire/transfer date, obtains National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification.
6) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.