State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Regional Dir, Supply Chain Ops
Req ID: 48202BR
Job Summary: Under the leadership of the AVP Hospital Operations, the Regional Director is responsible for directing operations of materials logistics and distribution, including receiving inventory and distribution of medical equipment and patient care supplies. Serves as hospital and BILH regional resource for supply chain, including redesign and implementation of inventory and supply chain management improvements collaborating with BILH AVP Process Improvement across multiple facilities. Has oversight of Materials Management and Supply at assigned business units, including direct and indirect staff management, execution of GPO and contracted product conversions. Assessment and development of department operations, programs and services, along with developing and updating departmental policies, procedures and systems effectively. Identifying areas/business units that may need to include the deployment of or sharing of personnel.
- Observe, measure and report on hospitals' performance productivity and recommending enhancements to departmental services. Develops and implements system-wide departmental policy, procedures and systems and effectively supports the Supply Chain leaders at each business unit.
- Support BILH contracting and Value Analysis Teams to oversee product changes and conversions, ensuring compliance is attained. On site visits, meetings and regularly scheduled calls with Supply Chain leaders at each business unit to direct, support and mentor.
- Planning, monitoring and ensuring compliance with BILH's GPO and working collaboratively to ensure contract compliance (product conversions when necessary) and standardization. Assessment and development of department operations, programs and services.
- Developing and maintaining department policies, procedures and systems and effectively supporting/managing the Supply Chain leaders at each institution. Identify areas of improvement and areas of Supply Chain growth opportunities.
- Ensure that customer/end user needs are met in a timely and professional manner. Work closely with Nursing and ensure product substitutions or changes are clearly communicated.
- Engages with local staff to have presence at local Code/Emergency Care Committees. Work with Senior Management teams at each business unit on strategic planning and operational improvements.
- Work collaboratively with the BILH Supply Chain Leadership Team. Identify space efficiencies in store rooms to maximize capacity. Evaluate organization efficiency and make necessary changes to maximize productivity
- Develop metrics to understand performance and staffing levels. Assists business units in planning annual physical inventories. Work with each institution on creating and implementing a sustainable PPE plan.
- Leverages ERP/MMIS systems and technology to their fullest capacity evaluating and adjusting business process as appropriate. Works with outlying departments who manage their own supply in order to educate and assist with supply management ensuring item file and other supply chain technologies are in use.
- Continuously evaluates new technology ensuring BILH Supply Chain is current and efficient. Has input on selection and performance of prime and secondary distributor relationships.
- Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6, Indirect Reports: 30-100
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing budgets for multiple departments.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required in a hospital setting that includes Materials Management and Supply Chain Management with experience in managing multiple operational departments. and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budgetary goals.
- Professional skills to effectively work with and communicate with clinicians, physicians and hospital administrative staff.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience with Meditech and PeopleSoft, experience with WorkDay a plus.
- Lean Certification Green or Black Belt preferred, CMRP.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply