Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
FT 40 HRS
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1770
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides direct psychiatric and consultative services for participants of Harbor Health Services Inc. Elder Service Plan (ESP).The Harbor Health Elder Service Plan, a PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program, offers a personalized healthcare program provided by our own geriatric professionals and guided by a care plan developed and customized for our elder client’s individual’s needs.
Our comprehensive Benefits package includes Continuing Medical Education Stipend of up to $2500 and 5 days of leave per year, reimbursement for initial and renewal cost of licenses, generous PTO with additional 11 Paid Holidays annually plus much more!
- Evaluates, diagnoses and treats psychiatric conditions.
- Consults with ESP interdisciplinary teams (IDT) on psychiatric diagnostic and treatment issues, including psychotropic medication use and non-pharmacologic interventions.
- Serves as liaison to the inpatient team during psychiatric hospitalizations, obtaining updates and providing clinical recommendations for authorizing services.
- Provides Psychotherapeutic counseling for participants if indicated.
- Conducts Psychotherapy groups in collaboration with ESP Social Workers.
- Works relatively independently with medically, psychiatrically, and socially complex older adults across multiple settings.
- Works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Provides care at program site, contracted facilities and client's home as needed; must be able to travel between sites in a timely manner.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Master of Science in Nursing required, Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner required.
- Current MA RN/NP license, current DEA and MCSR license, current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers)
- Two years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred, but can substitute experience as RN, preferably with geriatric and/or psychiatric populations.
- Two years of experience prescribing psychotropic medication to adult psychiatric patients preferred.
- Ability to work independently across multiple settings and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.