Psychiatric Liaison Nurse
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Psychiatric Liaison Nurse, under the clinical supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health provides professional nursing care to patients. IS responsible for performing behavioral health assessments, planning, implementing, and evaluating the behavioral health treatment provided to the patient on the Behavioral Health Unit (BHU) and the Emergency Room patient with ordered mental health evaluation. Will also act as a resource/support to the acute medical care inpatient units with the behavioral management of patients with behavioral health issues throughout the Medical Center.
1) Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, Psychology or related behavioral science field preferred.
1) Minimum of one year full time experience in psychiatric nursing or employment in a behavioral health setting with an understanding of addictions and mental health diagnosis, triage and treatment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Ability to function with a high degree of independence.
2) Possess strong problem solving skills.
3) Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others.
4) Presents self in a professional and supportive manner.
5) Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
6) Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with diverse populations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
1) Current licensure as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
2) Certification in area of specialization by the American Nurses Credentialing Service preferred.
3) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
4) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.