You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
As a Principal Auto Equipment Operator, you will be in operation of a 25 passenger micro-bus or a 12 passenger van for transportation of patients, doctors, medical equipment, x-rays, films, etc. to and from UCLA Westwood, UCLA Santa Monica, Westwood Medical Plaza (100, 200, 300), Tiverton House and other outlying facilities. Additionally, you will drive the staff shuttle from UCLA Westwood to UCLA Santa Monica on a routine schedule, and provide transportation for special trips for groups to various locations on campus.
Your responsibilities include:
- Perform daily maintenance on all vehicles assigned and/or anywhere dispatched by a supervisor.
- Assist disabled patients in and out of vehicles utilizing the proper body mechanics and equipment used for safe patient handling.
- Provide incident reports of accidents and injuries.
- Return vehicles to fleet services for maintenance on a routine basis.
- Maintain a timely schedule of pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Comply with the health system workplace conduct policy and dress code standard.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered