Primary Care Physician
- Smyrna, Delaware
- Primary Care Physician
Job DescriptionOverviewCenturion is proud to be the provider of comprehensive healthcare services to the Delaware Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a per diem Primary Care Physician to join our team at James T. Vaughn Correctional Center located in Smyrna, Delaware.
The Primary Care Physician provides medical assessments and evaluations, provides treatment for emergent, urgent, and routine medical issues, provides and supervises medical treatment for chronic medical conditions, and participates in organizational initiatives to help prevent diseases and injuries of patients in a correctional setting. The Primary Care Physician works under the direction of the Site Medical Director and/or the Statewide Medical Director, and collaborates with the Health Services Administrator to ensure that efficient and clinically appropriate medical services are provided.
- Documentation of education as MD or DO and completion of accredited residency program required
- Current license to practice medicine in Delaware
- Must have and maintain an active, non-restricted Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration certificate
- Must be able to pass background investigation and obtain agency security clearance where applicable
Some of the unique benefits of correctional healthcare include:
- A clinically interesting, diverse patient population in a secure and structured setting
- Exciting and rewarding career in one of the fastest growing areas of healthcare
- Freedom from insurance, coding and reimbursement hassles
- Ability to make a real difference to an important and underserved population!
Centurion Health contracts with state and local governments nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both.
For more information, please contact Monique Mills at email@example.com or call 410-907-3970.
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. (“Centurion”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.