Pre-Anesthesia-Nurse Practitioner – Lead
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Facility: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: April 25, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
The Pre-Anesthesia Nurse Practitioner focuses on surgical patients requiring pre-anesthesia and surgical evaluation and consultation in the outpatient setting. As Lead NP, oversees the clinical operation/practice of the department in addition to staffing/scheduling and other administrative duties.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in assessment, diagnostic reasoning, and the therapeutic management of the surgical patient to optimally address the patient's known or potential medical conditions by conducting history and physicals and interpreting patients medical histories and orders and performs diagnostic tests as needed to prepare the patient for the upcoming surgery and prescribe pharmacological treatments as appropriate.
- Identifies assessment, diagnostic strategies, and therapeutic interventions within the plan that reflect current evidence, including data, research, literature and expert clinical knowledge; Compares and contrasts clinical findings, normal and abnormal variations in formulating a diagnosis. Collaborates with physician on the plan as needed.
- Counsels and educates patients about preventative measures to avoid illness and implements therapies that restore health, minimize complications, and manage risk factors.
- Promotes patient engagement by explaining treatment plan and identifying and addressing any expected obstacles. Encourages and assists referral to specialists or primary care practice as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge and competency appropriate for scope of practice. Uses current health care research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, and enhance role performance and increase knowledge of professional issues.
- Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional nursing practice standards and guidelines relevant statutes, rules and regulations and engages in a formal process seeking feedback from patients, peers, professional colleagues and others.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues, mentors and models expert practice to interdisciplinary team members and health care consumers.
- Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice. Partners with other disciplines to enhance patient care.
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact in the planning and delivery of care and informs administrators or others of risks, benefits, and outcomes of programs and decisions that affect health care delivery.
- Serves as Lead, Clinician for clinical and administrative duties. Acts as a resource to management for policy decisions that have actual or potential impact on the quality of care based on evidence based practice.
Required Minimum Education:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner.
Required Minimum Experience
Two (2) years of related clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner..
Required License / Certifications:
Current licensure in Maryland as a certified nurse practitioner.
American Heart Association HealthCare Provider BLS.
(The employee must fulfill the requirements for medical staff membership at Anne Arundel Medical Center.)
Preferred: Prior experience working with surgical patients.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)