Back to jobs
PLEASE NOTE: If you have not applied before, you will need to first create an account after clicking "Apply"
| Information Systems | Job ID:
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM
The Physician Informaticist will serve to improve the engagement, efficiency and proficiency of Providers by optimizing their use of health care technology to achieve clinical, financial, and quality objectives. They will be highly visible to Providers in both the hospital and clinic settings as a resource to provide personalization, analytical and technical support, and troubleshoot user or system issues. They will be involved in System Provider meetings to promote the use and benefits of the EHR and other healthcare technology to support safe patient care. They will facilitate Provider optimization requests by recommending innovative ideas, processes, additions, or modifications to improve functionality for existing system-build. Will monitor Provider Analytic data, including the Signal tool, to assess for improvement opportunities and be involved in developing and implementing improvement strategies.
Education/training required - Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in either a clinical field such as Nursing, Physical Therapy, Medical Technology, etc, or a bachelor’s degree in related field combined with an associate degree or diploma from the respective clinical field.
Experience – Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience and at least 2 years Epic experience preferred.
Certification – Epic certification is preferred, but if not pre-certified then required within 6 months post hire date. All certifications and licenses required must be current
Skills include but are not limited to:
● Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and public presentation
● Ability to develop educational materials and presentations on basic to moderate projects
● Ability to develop relationships and collaborate with multiple members of the healthcare and administrative leadership team
● Ability to work independently, think critically, manage multiple responsibilities, and prioritize individual workload
● Ability to handle difficult situations involving operational staff/leaders, physicians, or others in a professional manner
● Knowledgeable and serves as a resource for Epic and all other Healthcare technology resources
● Must have a working knowledge of healthcare regulatory guidelines
● Ability to provide technical support and troubleshoot devices that are utilized in conjunction with the EMR
This job will be authorized 80.00 hours bi-weekly.
Today, Baptist Health is Arkansas’ most comprehensive healthcare organization with more than 250 points of access that include 11 hospitals, urgent care centers, a senior living community, and over 100 primary and specialty care clinics in Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma.
© 2021 Baptist Health. All Rights Reserved.