Why Mount Nittany Health?
Mount Nittany Physician Group is seeking a Hospitalist.
Mount Nittany Physician Group is a physician led, professionally managed multi-specialty group. All physicians in the group are employed. Inpatients will be seen at Mount Nittany Medical Center- A CMS 5 Star Rated Facility. The Hospitalist will diagnoses and treats adult diseases and injuries while addressing ways to prevent these conditions. Practices in medical office, Mount Nittany Medical Center, and various other facilities as needed. Actively participate as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
- Examines patient for symptoms of organic or congenital disorders and determines nature and extent of injury or disorder using medical instruments and equipment.
- Elicits and records information about patient's medical history.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition.
- Administers or prescribes therapeutic procedures, treatments, and drugs as indicated by diagnosis.
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, activities, and methods for prevention of disease.
- May round at various hospital facilities.
- Refers patients to other medical specialists when indicated.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and follows HIPAA guidelines in accordance with federal law.
Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide on-going patient care. Skill in taking medical history, assessing medical condition and interpreting findings. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public. Demonstrated ability in specialty. Excellent “bed-side” manner. Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in specialty and to update knowledge and skills as needed. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to communicate clearly.
Medical Doctor Degree (University-affiliated medical school preferred).
We offer a highly competitive compensation package, a friendly, collegiate work environment and exceptional leadership support.
State College, home to Penn State University, is a vibrant college town. It offers a diverse culture, a beautiful environment, excellent public and private schools, countless options for dining, theatre, sports and recreation, nightlife and more. This is all located within a safe, friendly community that makes the area perfect for raising a family. In fact State College has recently been named the 8th best city in the United States to move to as well as the 6th best city in the U.S. to raise children. University Park Airport is located only five miles from town and State College offers easy access to Interstates 80 and 99.
- Money Magazine has ranked State College as one of the best places to live.
- Psychology Today ranked State College the lowest stress community in America
- Kiplinger Washington picked State College as one of the strongest growth areas in the mid-Atlantic
Mount Nittany Medical Center is a not-for-profit, 260 bed, acute care facility housing both inpatient and outpatient medical/surgical services. Mount Nittany is a CMS 5 Star Rated facility,
Mount Nittany offers a fully integrated EMR, electronic documentation and order entry. Self-scheduling is employed to afford flexibility for lifestyle considerations while promoting a work life balance. We recently completed construction on a brand new, state of the art Cardiac Pavilion and continue to grow and expand.
Mount Nittany Medical Center is a growing and thriving facility offering unparalleled patient-focused care made all the more distinctive by excellent physicians, ease of access and facilities and systems engineered for the best in patient care.
Please contact me for more information regarding this exceptional opportunity!